Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
UPDATE 9:20AM PST: Mommy Points has the full list of participating properties here.
PSA: Get 16 PointBreaks Hotel Nights with the Chase IHG Rewards Club Visa
This is a public service announcement from me and George at Travel Blogger Buzz. You are probably aware that there will be a new list of properties eligible for IHG’s PointBreaks promotion coming out on Monday morning. But were you aware you could get 16 PointBreaks hotel nights for getting the Chase IHG Rewards Club Visa credit card?
During my last app-o-rama in November, I applied for the Chase IHG Rewards Club Visa credit card and got 80,000 IHG Rewards Club Points after spending $1,000 in
3 minutes 3 months. The sign up bonus posted after the first statement closed and I now have 81,008 IHG Rewards Club Points in my pocket.
Here is the link to the FlyerTalk thread with all the details, thanks to beltway for the post. Here are the perks of the credit card:
- 80,000 bonus points after spending $1000 in first 3 months.
- Free night every year at any IHG hotels. (Cert may be redeemed online.)
- 5 points per $ spent at IHG hotels
- 2 points per $ spent on gas, groceries, and dining
- 1 point per $ on everything else
- 10% points rebate on any redemptions. (These post automatically after the statement date)
- No fee 1st year, then $49.
- No foreign transaction fees.
There is a lot to love about this card, from the free night every year (at any IHG property!), 10% rebate on redeemed points, and the annual fee ($0 the first year, and $49 every year after). I have my eye on a cheap stay at the Holiday Inn Express Grand Canyon and a cheap stay by LAX for my Global Entry interview. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
P.S. Feel bad for this Californian boy: