Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
If you ever decide to switch from your American Express Serve Card to a Bluebird Card or Target Redbird Card, you will first have to close your American Express Serve Card. Follow this tutorial and your Serve Card will be closed in a few minutes. The first thing you need to do is log into your Serve online account and click the profile link.
On your profile page, scroll all the way down to the bottom and click the Close Account button.
Select a reason from the drop down menu, enter a reason in the text box and click the Close Account button.
Your Serve Card has been successfully closed. You have 90 days to log into your Serve Card and view old monthly statements.
If you try to log back into your Serve online account, you will see the following message. If you decide to reopen your Serve Card, call the Serve Customer Service number at 1-800-954-0559.
You will also receive a confirmation email from American Express regarding your closed Serve Card.
If you plan on opening a Bluebird account or Target Redbird account, you should be able to apply for the new card right away. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.
Here are other Serve posts that you may be interested in reading:
- How to Convert from a Bluebird Card to an American Express Serve Card
- How to Add a Bank Account to Serve
- How to Add a Debit Card to Serve
- How to Add a Credit Card to Serve
- How to Call Serve After Changing Credit or Debit Card
- How to Set Up Automatic Serve Reloads
- How to Load Gift Cards at Walmart to your Serve Card
- How to Keep Track of Bluebird/Serve Transactions
- How to Pay Bills with Serve
- $10,000 Monthly Bill Pay Limit