Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
Good morning everyone. I just wanted to give a quick shout out to everyone who attended the SF Travel Hackers Meetup event last night – congratulations to the winning trivia team, congrats if you won a cool raffle prize (or two), and thank you to everyone who bought raffle tickets. We raised roughly $250 and will use that money to pay meetup.com membership fees and help secure future meetup locations. Here’s to a great 2017 of travel hacker meetups!
Back to our regularly scheduled post…
During my recent App-O-Rama, I was instantly approved for the Barclays JetBlue Plus Credit Card. The credit card offers 30,000 JetBlue TrueBlue Points after spending $1,000 in 3 months with a $99 annual fee (not waived). There is also a Barclays JetBlue Credit Card (no annual fee) and a Barclays JetBlue Business Credit Card available ($99 annual fee, not waived). I will discuss the features of the Barclays JetBlue Plus Credit Card below and why I think it is a great card to get and keep for a long time.
Before I go on, here is the card art for the credit card. I like the pattern on the front of the credit card, but I am not in love with the lime green color on the back of the credit card.
Here are all the features of the Barclays JetBlue Plus Credit Card and my personal favorites:
- You earn 6x JetBlue TrueBlue Points on JetBlue purchases made with the credit card, on top of any extra JetBlue TrueBlue Points you earn when you fly.
- When you redeem your JetBlue TrueBlue Points, you get 10% of those points rebated back to your JetBlue account.
- Every year you pay the $99 annual fee, you will get 5,000 bonus JetBlue TrueBlue Points.
- I personally don’t spend that much on food, snacks, and drinks on board (I fill up at the airport lounges beforehand), but if you do, you can get a 50% discount on all inflight purchases.
- If you book a JetBlue Vacation package, you can get a $100 statement credit.
- I don’t think JetBlue Mosaic status is worth spending $50,000 on this credit card, but if you fly JetBlue often and care about status, go for it!
- Last but not least, you can get free checked bags for you and up to 3 travel companions when you book together.
I value JetBlue TrueBlue Points at ~2 cents per point (cpp), so the 30,000 JetBlue TrueBlue Points sign up bonus alone is worth ~$600. If you redeem all 30,000 JetBlue TrueBlue points, you will get 3,000 JetBlue TrueBlue Points (~$60) rebated to your JetBlue account, along with an extra 5,000 JetBlue TrueBlue Points (~$100) every year you pay the $99 annual fee.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!