Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great weekend. A few months ago, I registered for IHG’s Accelerate promo where I had to complete a few requirements between January 1 and April 15 to complete the promo. The requirements differ from person to person as well as the number of bonus points offered. Here are my requirements:
- 3,000 IHG Points – Complete 1 stay
- 10,000 IHG Points – Complete 5 nights
- 2,000 IHG Points – Book 1 stay with Points + Cash
- 1,500 IHG Points – Use your Chase IHG Rewards Credit Card to pay for a stay
If I completed at least 3 out of 4 requirements, I would get 23,500 bonus IHG Points, on top of the bonus points earned above. I’m happy to say that I recently completed my third requirement and the bonus points posted. I think I could have technically booked 1 stay, paid with Points + Cash, and used my Chase IHG Rewards Credit Card to complete 3 requirements with only 1 night.
Unlike past IHG promotions, my stays posted quickly and my bonus points posted automatically, rather than having to email IHG customer service to have them manually credit the points to my account. Here is how quickly the various bonus points posted to my account:
- 3,000 IHG Points – Complete 1 stay – checked out on February 14, bonus points posted February 24 (~11 days later)
- 2,000 IHG Points – Use your Chase IHG Rewards Credit Card to pay for a stay – checked out on February 14, bonus points posted February 24 (~11 days later)
- 10,000 IHG Points – Complete 5 nights – checked out on February 21, bonus points posted March 3 (~11 days later)
- 23,500 IHG Points – Complete 3 out of 4 requirements – checked out on February 21, bonus points posted March 3 (~11 days later)
Based on my experience with the IHG Accelerate Promo, it looks like bonus points will post ~11 days after checking out. Have you experienced any problems with this promo? Have your points posted quickly and accurately? Please share your data points below. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.