Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
Good morning everyone, happy Friday! Tonight, I am going on a family vacation with my parents and brother to Saint Kitts and Nevis (which is in the Caribbean). Here is the routing for my flight (thanks to Great Circle Mapper):
- San Francisco (SFO) to Atlanta (ATL) to Saint Kitts and Nevis (SKB) on Delta Airlines using 27,500 Delta SkyMiles + $15.60 in taxes/fees
- I will visit the SFO Centurion Lounge tonight and then visit a Delta Sky Club Lounge in ATL in the morning (both free since I have the American Express Business Platinum Charge Card)
- Saint Kitts and Nevis (SKB) to Miami (MIA) on American Airlines using 10,000 British Airways Avios + $53.46 in taxes/fees
- I have a long layover and need to go from MIA to FLL – I think I will stop by the beach for some lunch before going to FLL
- Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to San Francisco (SFO) on Virgin America using 8,094 Virgin America Elevate Miles + $5.60 in taxes/fees
Unfortunately, I did not write down the flight prices at the time I booked these flights, but I remember getting pretty good value out of my miles when I booked these flights.
We are staying at the Marriott Saint Kitts Beach Club Vacation Club (timeshare property) since my parents are Marriott timeshare owners and were able to trade their week for this property. It looks beautiful and I will do my best to check out all the pools on the property.
Here are the nightly rates for this weekend. Seems like a great use of Marriott points at 45,000 Marriott points per night or 15,000 SPG points per night.
I’ve been to the Caribbean a few times in the last few years: St. Thomas US Virgin Islands (with a day trip to the British Virgin Islands), Aruba, and Curacao. After visiting a few Caribbean islands, I know the weather is supposed to be great, the beaches are supposed to be beautiful, and the people are supposed to be very friendly. If anyone has been to Saint Kitts and Nevis recently, do you have any recommendations for sights to see, activities to do, or restaurants to eat at? I don’t think we have anything planned as of now.
Thank you for your help and I wish everyone a fun weekend and safe travels wherever you may be or wherever you may be traveling to. I will bring my laptop and I have a few blog posts in the pipeline along with some great posts from my fellow writers. Stay tuned!