Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
We love to travel, right? And when we do travel, many of us enjoy foods from different countries. Even if you’re not superstitious, why not finish off 2017 with these LUCKY foods from around the world! All of them are said to represent various forms of success in the year to come. I’m curious how many of them you know about. I actually didn’t know much about these 7 foods bringing good luck. But now I’m thinking I’ll change up my New Year’s Eve menu. Who can’t use more luck?
1. In American South, greens are said to represent money and financial success.
2. In Italy, China, and Brazil, the shape of beans, especially lentils, is also said to symbolize coins.
3. In many Asian cultures, shiny fish scales represent coins, too, because they resemble them.
4. Ring-shaped cakes represent coming full-circle in Mexico, Poland, Hungary, and the Netherlands. Good to start the new year with a clean slate.
5. Ancient Greeks believed figs were a symbol of fertility.
6. In Greece, the seeds of pomegranates represent abundance and prosperity.
7. In Japan, long noodles represent long life.
What’s on your menu this New Year’s Eve? Leave a comment and let us know!