Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
Greetings from Uyuni airport in Bolivia. I have a few minutes before my flight, so I wanted to get this post published. Sorry for the delay in posting this list, my crystal ball was in the shop for a tuneup. As you can tell from my 2017 travel predictions, I am wrong 99% of the time, so take these predictions with a grain of salt (that I took from the Salar de Uyuni salt flats in Bolivia). Here are some of my highly unlikely, but entertaining travel predictions for 2018. Enjoy!
- After the Virgin America merger, Alaska Airlines will add new routes to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean
- Delta Airlines will introduce cash and miles award tickets, then American Airlines and United Airlines will follow suit
- Southwest Airlines will increase their Transfarency by automatically keeping track of travel funds in each account
- JetBlue will add new routes along the West Coast and maybe to Hawaii
- Singapore Airlines will allow you to book United Airlines awards online
- British Airways will bring back the 4,500 Avios award price in the United States
- Hilton and Hyatt will announce a merger
- Wyndham and Choice will announce a merger
- Club Carlson and Accor will announce a merger
- Marriott will update their travel packages program
- Citi will get a hotel credit card after the loss of Hilton
- American Express will update their 5 credit card limit to 8 credit cards
- Discover will introduce a premium credit card with an annual fee
- Chase will add a new airline and hotel transfer partner
- Bank of America will lose Alaska Airlines as a credit card partner
- US Bank will no longer need separate logins for personal and business credit cards
- More Centurion Lounges and Priority Pass partners
- More low cost airlines with routes to/from the United States
- More international airports will accept TSA PreCheck
- One airline or hotel will completely end their loyalty program (*long shot from my friend Jim)*
Let me know what you think of my travel predictions. I am sure you have a few predictions of your own, so please leave a comment below letting me know. Have a great day everyone!