Convert any Citi Card to the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card

Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.

Good afternoon everyone, I have another short post for you guys.  Recently, I decided that I no longer wanted my Citi Dividend Credit Card – the bonus categories did not excite me this year.  So, I called Citi and asked if I could convert my Citi Dividend Credit Card into the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card.  Unfortunately, the rep said that credit card was not available as a conversion option on my Citi Dividend Credit Card.  No worries, I asked if I could convert to the no annual fee Citi AT&T Access Credit Card instead.  Yes, she said, I could convert to that credit card.  I then asked her if I could then convert my Citi AT&T Access Credit Card to the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card and she was not sure.  I had a hunch that it would work, so I went ahead and converted my Citi Dividend Credit Card into the no annual fee Citi AT&T Access Credit Card.  A few days later, I received my new Citi AT&T Access Credit Card.

Here is the welcome letter that came with the Citi AT&T Access Credit Card.

A few days after activating my Citi AT&T Access Credit Card, I called Citi and asked if I could convert to the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card.  No problem, she said, then proceeded to read a lengthy script describing all the differences between the 2 credit cards.  Fast forward a few more days, and my new Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card arrived.

That’s all I had to do. Assuming you can convert any Citi credit card to the Citi AT&T Access Credit Card, you will then be able to convert to the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card.  I like the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card because you get 10,000 bonus Citi Thank You Points when you spend $10,000 or more on the card during a cardmember year.  You also earn 3x on online purchase and AT&T purchases.  As soon as my Citi Forward Credit Card completes the conversion process to the Citi Thank You Preferred Credit Card, I will repeat the above steps to get another Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card.  If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.  Have a great day everyone!

46 thoughts on “Convert any Citi Card to the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card

You are earning Citi Thank You Points, the same points that you earn with the Citi Thank You Preferred, Citi Thank You Premier, and Citi Prestige CC.

Nope, you cannot directly apply for the Citi AT&T Access More Credit Card and get the $650 phone credit sign up bonus. The only way to get that credit card now is via a conversion.

1. Bill

Right now the only good thing about my mortgage servicer is that I’m earning 3x TYP on payments via Plastiq.
      I don’t know how well this works for rent payments.

1. Bill

Since the annual fee is $95, what is yhe advantage of having two AT&T More cards?

I can see the point of multiples where the rewards are capped, but im not aware of any cap on the AT&T More card.

The point of having multiple Citi AT&T Access More Credit Cards is to get the 10,000 bonus Citi Thank You Points multiple times when you spend $10,000 on each credit card during a cardmember year.

1. Jeremy

That’s not much of a profit. I agree with Bill. I personally would keep the Dividend card and convert the forward card to the Citi AT&T More card. In fact, after I get the bonus, I’m doing that exact thing. I do appreciate your heads up on how to get it though. That’s quite helpful.

1. Bill

I haven’t received any retention offers on my AT&T Access More, perhaps because they see the steady stream of 3x TYP on $3k or more every month.

Yes, “online purchase” only means certain purchases made online. It seems that Citi decides which online purchases will count as 3x. Very annoying.

2. Corey

This morning I converted my AA personal platinum directly to the ATT Access More card, I’m sure it was the More version as he explained the $95 annual fee. Then I changed my dividend card to a doublecash card in the same call. Got a 3x online card and a 2% everywhere card without a credit inquiry. Will pair well with my Prestige card.

3. Danny

Thanks Grant for posting about this. It gave me the extra push/reminder I needed to call and get my Citi Plat AAdvantage card PCed to the Citi ATT Access More .

It was quick and painless. Probably 4 minutes. For those calling in, I just called the main number listed on the statement(and I assume on the back of the card), said representative 2 or 3 times at the automated system and I was connected to a live person. They spent a few minutes reading the terms and conditions.

4. Grrr

Why didn’t you post this article on Monday so that when I converted my AA card yesterday, and couldn’t get the AT&T Access More and only the Access, I decided to just PC to Dividend.

Sorry, I got it published as quickly as possible. You should be able to call Citi and change the conversion to the Citi AT&T Access CC now.

2. Danny

I think you have 51 days to change your mind before the conversion officially kicks in. Just tell them you changed your mind and if you’re lucky maybe they’ll have the card you want.

5. Chuck N

I tried to convert an old AAdvantage Bronze over the AT&T acess, after being transferred 3x I was told that was a no go. I’m going to try to HUCA, I did get the greenlight for PCing to a Costco card which I’ve been meaning to PC to, so not all bad I suppose

6. Pingback: Roundup: Articles From Around the Web!

7. Mark

One hiccup with changing to Access More I found with the first agent I spoke to is she didn’t think she could offer the product change and suggested the More card. HUCA and the next agent said she could offer the Access More but it would not come with the original phone promotion. So when calling if you get an agent that is hesitating, suggest that you don’t need the phone promotion.

8. RN

Grant,

You mentioned that you got the Citi AT&T Access Card in a few days after converting from Dividend.

But it takes about 50 days to convert any Citi card, right?

9. J

Hi,

I tried to PC my Citi simplicity to the ATTAM card directly (before reading this), and they told me you cannot PC the simplicity to any Citi card. Is this true?
    Thanks,

I doubt that is true. Try calling back and seeing if you can convert your Citi Simplicity CC to the Citi AT&T Access CC or Citi Double Cash CC.

1. J

Sorry didn’t see the reply. Yeah I’ve talked to a few ppl with a similar experience. I’m not sure why that’s the case but if so it’s frustrating. Do you have any DPs of people PCing a simplicity?

If the Citi Forward CC is any indication, you would need to wait for Citi to discontinue the Citi Simplicity CC and converts all CCs to another CC. At that point, you should be able to convert that CC to another Citi CC.