Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great Super Bowl weekend. The Andaz Papagayo Resort in Liberia, Costa Rica was the last stop on my Central / South America adventure. After taking my incredible 14 seat Cessna flight from San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO) to Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR), I was picked up by the Liberia Airport Shuttle company (contact Gabriela) and driven to the Andaz Papagayo Resort ($49 US for one way). After a ~45 minute drive from the airport, we arrived at the beautiful resort. In part 2, I will show you my room and in part 3, I will show you the food. Stay tuned for those posts.
We stayed 2 nights in mid January and had a great time. The resort was probably 25% full. Our stay cost 30,000 Hyatt points total (15,000 / night). If you have a Hyatt free night certificate from the Chase Hyatt Credit Card, you can use your free night here.
Outside the entrance, there is a cool purple van. Then you have a short walk to the shaded open-air lobby.
The lobby is beautifully decorated and has a cooling breeze most of the time.
When I arrived, they offered me a complimentary welcome drink and cool towel to relax. There is also infused water and coconut cookies available in the lobby.
The lady who checked us in, showed us the map and explained where everything was located around the property. There are 2 beaches, a few pools, 3 restaurants, and a spa area. There are also organized events every day, but we did not participate in any events.
Past the lobby, there are conference rooms and private event spaces.
We walked into one of the private rooms and out onto the balcony. There were great views of the bay.
I’m not sure what this statue represents, but it looks like a skeleton. You can walk around the skeleton.
Here are the views of the resort from my hotel room.
Here is a view from the restaurant overlooking the pool.
Around the pool, there are several lounge chairs, umbrellas, and water stations.
Walking down toward the beach, there is a sign pointing to 2 different beaches. The Sombrero Claro Beach was kind of boring for me, but the Sombrero Oscuro Beach has hammocks, lounge chairs, a tree swing, and you can sign up for water sports.
Here is the Sombrero Claro Beach where you can “unwind & relax”. Too boring for me.
Here is the more exciting Sombrero Oscuro Beach where you can relax on lounge chairs for hours.
There was also a tree swing.
One of the best features of the resort is free high speed WiFi everywhere, even down by the beach. I was able to make FaceTime video calls without any problems.
I loved the signs around the resort. Unfortunately, the local monkey population chose not to follow the feeding sign (I will explain in a later post).
Lastly, if you pay close attention, you will see a few different species of iguanas, monkeys, bugs, and birds around the resort.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!
P.S. In part 2, I will show you my room and in part 3, I will show you the food. Stay tuned for those posts.
Here are all parts of my Central / South America trip:
- Adios Amigos! I’m Traveling Around Central / South America (LPB, UYU, GUA, SAL, MGA & LIR)
- PSA / Tip: Always Bring a Pen When You Travel
- Riding the Cable Cars (Mi Teleférico) Around La Paz, Bolivia for Under $3
- Salar de Uyuni: Bolivia’s Magical, Mirror-like Salt Flat Oasis (2018 Dakar Rally & Crazy Photos)
- PSA: Check Existing Airline Confirmations for Cancelled Flights a Few Days Before Travel
- Hotel Review: Courtyard Marriott Guatemala City & Amazing Guatemalan Restaurant Nearby (Casa Chapina)
- Visit the Amazing (93 Years Young) Guatemala City Zoo for $5
- Hotel Review: Sheraton Presidente San Salvador Hotel (Great Location, Lounge & Breakfast)
- Day Trip: San Salvador Volcano & Restaurant La Pupusa Loka
- PSA: Get Yellow Fever Vaccine Before Visiting Nicaragua (& Some Other Central / South American Countries)
- My Incredible 14 Seat Cessna Flight from San Jose (SJO) to Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR)
- Andaz Papagayo Resort Part 1: The Resort is Beautiful
- Andaz Papagayo Resort Part 2: The Room was Great
- Andaz Papagayo Resort Part 3: The Food is Expensive, but Delicious