Greetings from Uyuni airport in Bolivia. I have a few minutes before my flight, so I wanted to get this post published. Sorry for the delay in posting this list, my crystal ball was in the shop for a tuneup. As you can tell from my 2017 travel predictions, I am wrong 99% of the time, so take these predictions with a grain of salt (that I took from the Salar de Uyuni salt flats in Bolivia). Here are some of my highly unlikely, but entertaining travel predictions for 2018. Enjoy!
- After the Virgin America merger, Alaska Airlines will add new routes to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean
- Delta Airlines will introduce cash and miles award tickets, then American Airlines and United Airlines will follow suit
- Southwest Airlines will increase their Transfarency by automatically keeping track of travel funds in each account
- JetBlue will add new routes along the West Coast and maybe to Hawaii
- Singapore Airlines will allow you to book United Airlines awards online
- British Airways will bring back the 4,500 Avios award price in the United States