Good morning everyone, greetings from Vail, Colorado. I’ve received a few comments recently on my blog and through Twitter about a post I wrote a few months ago: Chase QuickPay Changes: Need Chase Checking or Liquid Prepaid Card Starting August 19, 2016. Even though the change went into effect 2 weeks ago, most people are now noticing the change when they try to send or receive a monthly payment via Chase QuickPay (rent, mortgage, or other bill). Basically, Chase no longer lets you use Chase QuickPay unless you have a Chase checking or savings account or Chase Liquid prepaid card (high monthly fees). For more information about the negative changes, please read the above post.
Some people were asking about alternatives to Chase QuickPay and I have a few ideas:
- PayPal – bank transfers are free to send and receive (may take a few days to process) (sign up link)
- Venmo – debit and bank account payments are free to send and receive (instant) (sign up link)
- PopMoney – bank account payments are usually free to send and receive (may take a few days to process) (sign up link)
- Square Cash – Cash balance can be sent free to anyone else on Square Cash (instant) (sign up link – $10 bonus)
- Chime – Chime balance, debit and bank account payments are free to send and receive (ususlly instant) (sign up link)
- ClearXchange – is this option still available?
What other payment options are good alternatives to Chase QuickPay?
In other negative banking-related news, Citi just added a notice to their August 2016 checking account statements. Starting November 1, 2016, you will not be able to make any deposits, payments, or internal transfers at Citi ATMs located at 7-Eleven stores. I assume, the Citi ATMs in 7-Eleven stores will just be regular cash-dispensing machines and nothing more (7-Eleven may be replacing Citi ATMs entirely, who knows). Personally, I never knew this feature existed, so I am not sure how many people went to 7-Eleven for this purpose, but you can still do the same banking activities at a Citi branch or via their mobile app.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone and travel safe :)