Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. Last week, I wrote How Quickly Does Cash Back Post for Chase Offers? Then a few days ago, I added / linked a Starbucks Chase Offer to my Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card. I would earn 5% cash back at Starbucks, up to a maximum of $1.50 cash back ($30 x 5% = $1.50). Last week, I went to a Starbucks in Bucharest, Romania, and bought my mom a Starbucks mug (she has a collection of Starbucks mugs from around the world). Surprisingly, a few days after purchasing the Starbucks mug, I got an email from Chase stating that I had earned 91 cents cash back with the Starbucks Chase Offer.
Good afternoon everyone, greetings from Macedonia! I’ve been traveling around Eastern Europe this week, but I noticed that the Chase Southwest Airlines credit cards have changed their sign up bonuses and some cards are now offering the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass. Even though the Southwest Airlines Companion Pass is awesome, I want to talk about the Chase Southwest Airlines Priority Credit Card. My girlfriend recently converted her Chase Southwest Airlines Plus Credit Card to the Chase Southwest Airlines Priority Credit Card, and part of the card benefits is a $75 annual travel credit. Much like the airline reimbursements on the American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card and the American Express Platinum Charge Cards, I assumed airline gift cards would trigger the $75 statement credit, but I had to find out for myself.
Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. I meant to publish this post a few weeks ago, but better late than never. Chase has started to roll out more and more Chase Offers (similar to AMEX Offers) on several Chase credit cards. In this post, I will show you how long it took for a Lowe’s Chase Offer to post to my account. The Lowe’s Chase Offer provided 10% cash back on the first $120 spent, for a maximum of $12 cash back. I added the Lowe’s Chase Offer to my Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card on December 9, 2018. That same day, I went to Lowe’s and spent $96.60 (combination of a Christmas tree, stand, and some gift cards). After the Lowe’s purchase posted to my credit card, the Lowe’s Chase Offer showed up under my Redeemed tab of Chase Offers. The terms state that the statement credit should post within 7-14 business days, so let’s see how long it really took.
Good afternoon everyone. In mid January 2018, I wrote My Unlikely, But Entertaining 2018 Travel Predictions. I did not look at that post until yesterday, so it was fun to look at the predictions I had made. I will go through my 2018 predictions and see how well I did. Since my memory is not that great, please correct me if I am wrong on any of these. In a few days, I will share my probably equally as unlikely but equally as entertaining 2019 travel predictions, so check back for that post. Without further ado, here were my 2018 predictions and the results:
- After the Virgin America merger, Alaska Airlines will add new routes to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean (Correct! According to Alaska Airlines’ website, they did add several new routes of Mexico City from SFO, LAX, and SAN. Unfortunately, there were no new routes to Canada or the Caribbean.)
- Delta Airlines will introduce cash and miles award tickets, then American Airlines and United Airlines will follow suit (Wrong! Looks like none of the big 3 airlines added “cash + miles” award tickets.)
- Southwest Airlines will increase their Transfarency by automatically keeping track of travel funds in each account (Wrong! You still need to manually track your travel funds.)
- JetBlue will add new routes along the West Coast and maybe to Hawaii (Wrong! JetBlue did add new routes along the East Coast, but nothing new on the West Coast.)
- Singapore Airlines will allow you to book United Airlines awards online (Correct! Singapore Airlines added the ability to book award flights on United Airlines in February.)
- British Airways will bring back the 4,500 Avios award price in the United States (Wrong! Sadly, the 4,500 British Airways Avios pricing band is still not available in the US.)
I had an interesting conversation with a Chase bank employee that threw me for a loop. I have a Chase bank branch that I’ve been using since the old days when it was a Washington Mutual. I know many of the employees there, and from time to time we chat about all things Chase. Last year Southwest Airlines had a special promotion, if you lived in California, giving its companion pass as a bonus when you got the Chase Southwest credit card. Quite a deal!