Good afternoon everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending this month. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are several buy miles/points promos that are ending this month. First up, JetBlue is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of JetBlue TrueBlue points you purchase. This offer expires today – February 4.
Good afternoon everyone. I love my American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card and have gotten great value from this credit card. I have written extensively about this credit card in these posts:
- American Express Hilton Honors Aspire Credit Card: Welcome Packet, Welcome Letters & Card Art
- American Express Hilton Honors Aspire Credit Card: Spend Tracker, Referrals & All Benefits
- How Quickly Does Hilton Diamond Elite Status Appear After Getting Approved for AMEX Hilton Honors Aspire Credit Card?
- American Express Hilton Aspire $250 Airline Fee Credits Post Quickly
- Does the $450 Annual Fee Count Toward AMEX Hilton Aspire Minimum Spend? Maybe Yes
- When Does the AMEX Hilton Aspire Free Weekend Night Certificate Post to Your Account?
In today’s post, I will show you how I stacked a DoubleTree AMEX Offer (spend at least $225 and get a $45 statement credit) with the $250 Resort Credit offered on the American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card. I am a big fan of AMEX Offers and occasionally you will see Hilton related AMEX Offers on your American Express Hilton credit cards. As luck would have it, there was this nice DoubleTree AMEX Offer available on my American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card. This offer is still available for the next 3 days, if you are interested.
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you enjoyed my post from yesterday: Trip Report: Visit Chisinau, Moldova & Transnistria (Breakaway State / Frozen Conflict Zone). In today’s post, I am going to tell you what I did on my 6 hour layover in Bucharest, Romania. My friend and I were flying from Chisinau, Moldova (KIV) to Sofia, Bulgaria (SOF) with a connection in Bucharest, Romania (OTP). Since there were no nonstop flights between KIV and SOF, we intentionally built in a 6 hour layover in OTP so we could explore Bucharest. We boarded our Tarom Airlines flight in the morning and I was excited since I never flew Tarom Airlines before (I like flying new airlines). I’m not sure what type of aircraft it was, but the checked bags went right behind the cockpit and passengers boarded from the back of the plane. The seats were pretty tight and I have never been on a plane that had economy seats facing backwards. That must be a pretty interesting takeoff and landing experience.
Good afternoon everyone. In mid January 2018, I wrote My Unlikely, But Entertaining 2018 Travel Predictions. I did not look at that post until yesterday, so it was fun to look at the predictions I had made. I will go through my 2018 predictions and see how well I did. Since my memory is not that great, please correct me if I am wrong on any of these. In a few days, I will share my probably equally as unlikely but equally as entertaining 2019 travel predictions, so check back for that post. Without further ado, here were my 2018 predictions and the results:
- After the Virgin America merger, Alaska Airlines will add new routes to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean (Correct! According to Alaska Airlines’ website, they did add several new routes of Mexico City from SFO, LAX, and SAN. Unfortunately, there were no new routes to Canada or the Caribbean.)
- Delta Airlines will introduce cash and miles award tickets, then American Airlines and United Airlines will follow suit (Wrong! Looks like none of the big 3 airlines added “cash + miles” award tickets.)
- Southwest Airlines will increase their Transfarency by automatically keeping track of travel funds in each account (Wrong! You still need to manually track your travel funds.)
- JetBlue will add new routes along the West Coast and maybe to Hawaii (Wrong! JetBlue did add new routes along the East Coast, but nothing new on the West Coast.)
- Singapore Airlines will allow you to book United Airlines awards online (Correct! Singapore Airlines added the ability to book award flights on United Airlines in February.)
- British Airways will bring back the 4,500 Avios award price in the United States (Wrong! Sadly, the 4,500 British Airways Avios pricing band is still not available in the US.)
Good morning everyone, happy New Year’s Eve! What a crazy year it has been. Based on Google Analytics numbers, here are the top 10 blog posts written in 2018 and the top 10 blog posts of the year (written before 2018). If you have a favorite post of the year that is not listed, please let me know in the comments. Without further ado, here is the first top 10 list:
I’m surprised my Zelle / Venmo PSA post was so popular, but I’m glad that the word got out. It’s important to know what kind of scams exist and how to avoid them. Learn from these mistakes to keep your money safe.