Advertiser Disclosure: This post may contain referral, affiliate or sponsor links that provide Travel with Grant compensation. Thank you for your support.
Do you and your family enjoy visiting zoos when you travel? If so, how many of the top ten zoos in the U.S. have you been to? A few friends sent me the same article, so I’m sharing it with you! Conde Nast Traveler recently ranked the top 10 zoos in the U.S. The San Diego Zoo came out on top, which is probably why my friends wanted me to see the rankings. I wasn’t surprised to see the Bronx Zoo in the top five, but to be honest, I had no idea some of these other cities had zoos. Who knew Anchorage has a zoo? I had a great time in Anchorage and am sorry I missed visiting their zoo.
Here is the rest of the top 10 zoos from the article. What do you think of Conde Nast’s rankings. How many of the zoos have you been to, and are there others you’d add to the list?
- San Diego Zoo, San Diego, California
- Indianapolis Zoo, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Woodland Park Zoo, Seattle, Washington
- St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis, Missouri
- Bronx Zoo, New York, New York
- Living Desert Zoo, Palm Desert, California
- Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Columbus, Ohio
- Alaska Zoo, Anchorage, Alaska
- Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium, Omaha, Nebraska
- Brookfield Zoo, Brookfield, Illinois