Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are having a great MLK Jr. weekend. If you have no plans this Saturday (January 22), I highly recommend attending the FTU Virtual Seminar (tickets available for $25) or free if you have the FTU Online Annual Membership. The seminar starts on Saturday, January 22 at 8am PT / 11am ET. I have attended all of the FTU Virtual Seminars over the last year and they are always well done, educational, and entertaining – and I am sure this seminar will be no exception! Here is the schedule and lineup of speakers:
Good morning everyone, happy Friday! I just wanted to share that my 15,000 anniversary points from my Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Credit Card just posted to my Wyndham Rewards account. I opened this credit card on October 25, 2020, so this is my first round of anniversary points. I would have assumed that the points would have posted closer to October or November 2021, but better late than never.
Updated at 4:50pm PT on 1/1/22: FTU has extended the sale by 2 weeks, so you have until January 14 to lock in the $69 FTU online annual membership.
Good afternoon everyone, happy New Year’s Eve – wherever you are celebrating it this year! I have been a long time fan and attendee at Frequent Traveler University (FTU) and got a ton of value this year from my FTU online annual membership. My 2021 membership just ended, so it is time to buy my 2022 membership. If you sign up for an FTU online annual membership by December 31, 2021, and use promo code 60_OFF_FTU_ONLINE, you can get your membership for $69 for the whole year (regular price is $129). Today is the last day to sign up and use the discount code.
Good morning everyone, happy New Year’s Eve! Every year, I like to check out my stats from Google Analytics to see which blog posts were the most popular. I created 2 lists by looking at all blog posts written in 2021 and then I looked at which posts were read the most in 2021, but written in previous years (#stayingpower). I will list the blog posts from top to bottom based on pageviews, share the original published date, and provide a short summary of each blog post. If you are curious, here were the most popular posts from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
2021’s Most Read Posts (Written in 2021)
- Wells Fargo Discontinues Temporary Debit Cards & ATM Access Code Feature (Effective April 1) (2/12/2021) – This post has received over 300K pageviews since going live in February and makes up 25% of my total pageviews for the year. I had no idea that this post would be so popular, but it shows how many Wells Fargo customers were effected by the loss of temporary debit cards and ATM access codes.
Good morning everyone, happy New Year’s Eve Eve (emphasis on the extra Eve). Yesterday, I wrote about my dismal prediction performance (I didn’t predict I would do so poorly – another wrong prediction of mine) in my post How Right (or Wrong) were my 2021 Airline, Hotel & Credit Card Predictions? My new crystal ball just arrived from Amazon, so I am going to put it to the ultimate test and I’ll provide my 2022 airline, hotel, and credit card predictions. I’m guaranteed to get between 0% and 100% correct, but only time will tell…
My 2022 Airline Predictions
- Alaska Airlines or Southwest Airlines will bring back their “convert travel funds to airline miles” feature.
- American Airlines will return as a Citi ThankYou Points airline transfer partner.
- Avianca will give Turkish Airlines a run for their money for domestic Star Alliance awards.
- British Airways will let you use Avios to pay the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharge portion of award tickets.
- Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, or United Airlines will introduce a “Miles and Cash” payment option for award tickets (pay 10,000 miles or pay 8,000 miles + $40).
- JetBlue will partner with another US airline for award bookings.
- United Airlines will be a transfer partner with Brex, Citi, or American Express.