UPDATED 3/16/14 at 12PM: Simplified some of the steps and updated the PIN activation process.
Add a PIN to a Visa or MasterCard Gift Card
There are hundreds of types of gift cards out there, but I will show you how to activate and create a PIN for 2 of them. Your gift card may work similarly or may be entirely different. Up first, I will show you how to add a PIN to a $200 Visa Gift Card.
All you have to do is go to the Gift Card Mall website (link) and click the Update Card PIN button.
Enter your gift card’s number, expiration date, and CVV code on the back.
Now you can create any 4 digit PIN you want. I usually go with the last 4 digits of the gift card you are working with, but any 4 digit PIN will work.
Congratulations, your PIN has been successfully updated! You can now use your gift card to load onto your Bluebird Card (link).
Up next, I will show you how to add a PIN to a $200 MasterCard Gift Card.
Follow these steps to add a PIN to your gift card:
- Call 1-866-952-5653
- Press 1 for English or 2 for Spanish
- Press 2 for all other inquires
- Enter the 16 digit card number followed by the # sign
- Enter the last 3 digits printed on the signature panel followed by the # sign
- Press 3 to change (or create) your PIN
- Enter a 4 digit PIN followed by the # sign (I usually use the last 4 digits of the gift card I am using, but you can use any 4 digit PIN you want)
- Re-enter your 4 digit PIN followed by the # sign
- Congrats, your PIN has been successfully activated! Hang up and repeat the steps for your next MasterCard Gift Card.
If you have any questions, please leave a comment below.