I recently logged into the United Stated Postal Service (USPS) to check some shipping rates, and there was an ad on the USPS Homepage for a product called Informed Delivery notifications. Informed Delivery is a really cool service that sends you an email with the pictures of the mail you are going to receive that day in your mailbox!
I really love this product, because when I work late I can see in advance if there is anything in my mailbox worth stopping for on my way home. If there’s not, I just head home and pick up the mail on another day. Another benefit is you can see if the Postal Carrier didn’t deliver all your mail. There is an option to notify the Post Office if you didn’t receive a piece of mail. Here is an example of what the email header looks like and a example of the image you’ll receive of your mail:
Here is a Step by Step Guide on How to Setup Informed Delivery:
1. Navigate to the USPS Homepage (www.usps.com).
2. Select Register/Sign-in in the top right corner.
3. Sign In To Your Account or Create a New Account (A business account will not work, so you must setup a personal account to utilize Informed Delivery).
4. Once you are signed in move your mouse over your name in the top right and select My Profile >.
5. Once you are on your Profile page select Preferences in the Menu on the left side of the screen.
6. Next you will see several boxes and Informed Delivery will be an option under Account Management, select Informed Delivery.
7. A box will open up directly under the Informed Delivery box. Verify you want to Opt-In, and Certify you are authorized to receive mail at your address.
That should do it!
As you can see there is an option to click if you received a Validation Code via email. I did not receive an email, and my Informed Delivery activated immediately after I Opted-In and Verified my address. Let me know if you have a different experience.