24 thoughts on “Changes to Wells Fargo Everyday Checking $10 Monthly Fee Waiver Requirements (Effective October 8, 2020)

1. Rick

Grant, this is why I love your blog. You cover issues no one else does. Like you, I have a WF Everyday Checking a/c, don’t use my debit card, and just park $1,500 for free checking. I get e-statements which I never read, so I didn’t know I’ll be able to use the extra $1K in my acct effective 10/8! Thank you for the good news! (Lesson learned: read my statements.)

Hi Rick, thank you for the compliment. My motto for the blog is to write about stuff that I would want to read about and I often find nuggets of good info in credit card and bank statements. The banks and credit card companies like to sneak in changes in their statements and that is usually the first place changes are announced. Glad I could free up $1,000 for you to put elsewhere :)

2. Pingback: Recap: Wells Fargo Checking Changes, DoorDash IPO & More - Doctor Of Credit

3. Brian L Balch

Good news! Frees up $1,000. Now they need to do the $400 promo again… P2’s 12-month churn came just after they pulled it a few weeks ago.

1. John

I don’t have a P2, but I’d have to cancel my Wells Fargo account and then wait a year to get the offer again right? I kind of like the $500 minimum balance and WF location convenience.

I would check with Doctor of Credit to see what the requirements are for getting the bonus again in the future. You may need to wait a year between getting bonuses.

4. Steve

Why anyone would do business with WF is beyond belief. They are a crooked, cheating, sham of a business. Literally being sued for BILLIONS in fines by the USG. Thats YOUR money!

1. J

To get at least a thousand dollars a year in net bonuses from the complete and utter crooks? Seems pretty simple logic to me.

5. PogoP

Just got my statement with the notice. It also says that I’ll be getting a fee waiver for nine months beginning on 11/08.Anybody else?

Got it, maybe Wells Fargo wanted to give you plenty of time to see the new change to the monthly service fee waiver requirements.

6. Jihn

For me it’s bad news. I use the account as my everyday account. I have it as a joint account and i don’t do much on it except use it to pay bills. So i try to make 10 transactions to make sure i don’t pay the service fee but now I’ll have to be parking $500 that I’ll be needing until the billing cycle closes

Would you be able to do a $500 monthly direct deposit and then move the funds to your primary checking account at a different bank? That will avoid tying up the funds with Wells Fargo.

7. md285

I have no extra money. Right now $10/month is a fortune. I’m only with WF because of zelle and how easy it is to move money around in the family for groceries they pick up for me, etc. I depend on the 10 transactions to get my fee waived. I’m disabled and don’t drive, and have no clue why I’m going to do. I bet the guys at the top never thought $10 would make someone cry, even if they gave a rat’s rear about it at all.

1. md285

I know I could look it up, but this is easier. Sorry. Can Zelle work between banks? If my family stays with WF and I switch banks could that still work?

Yes, VeeRob is correct. Zelle works across all 924 different banks and credit unions, so it doesn’t matter what bank / credit union you use and what your friends / relatives use.

Got something to say?