I have it on good authority that Capital One is going to launch a premium credit card to compete with the Chase Sapphire Reserve, Platinum Card from American Express, and other premium cards. My source has let me know the following details about this card:
- 10X points per dollar on hotels booked through the Capital One portal
- 5X points per dollar on airfare booked through the Capital One portal
- 4X points per dollar at restaurants
- 1X points per dollar on all other purchases
- Additional point bonuses at certain spend thresholds
- $300 travel credit
- $495 annual fee
I’ve been told that this card is slated for a Q2 2020 launch, so it may be awhile before we have confirmation about this card offering and any of the specific details.
I’ll be sure to keep you posted on any developments!