Good morning everyone, happy Friday! If you have no plans tomorrow (Saturday, December 4), I highly recommend attending the FTU Virtual Seminar (tickets available for $25) or free if you have the FTU Online Annual Membership. The seminar starts on Saturday, December 4 at 8am PT / 11am ET. I have attended all of the FTU Virtual Seminars over the last year and they are always well done, educational, and entertaining – and I am sure this seminar will be no exception! Here is the schedule and lineup of speakers:
Good morning everyone, I hope your week is going well. Laura and I were in New York City last week for Thanksgiving and stayed at 3 different hotels. I wasn’t planning on doing a full, in-depth review of each hotel, but I figured I could share quick reviews of each property. First up is the West 57th Street by Hilton Club. This property is part of the Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshare group and we stayed there on a 2 night timeshare package that I bought a few years ago (before the pandemic). We both attended a 90 minute timeshare presentation, but we didn’t buy anything. After the presentation, we were given 5,000 Hilton Points, a $100 Stay A Night On Us certificate, and $100 in dining vouchers for nearby restaurants. Our room was very nice, but the website photos don’t really sell the property.
Good morning everyone, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. If you have no plans this Saturday (December 4), I highly recommend attending the FTU Virtual Seminar (tickets available for $25) or free if you have the FTU Online Annual Membership. The seminar starts on Saturday, December 4 at 8am PT / 11am ET. I have attended all of the FTU Virtual Seminars over the last year and they are always well done, educational, and entertaining – and I am sure this seminar will be no exception! Here is the schedule and lineup of speakers:
Good afternoon everyone. A few months ago in April 2021, I wrote about My Experience Booking Vacasa Vacation Rentals with Wyndham Rewards Points. The booking process has come a long way since April, so I wanted to provide an update and show how easy and quick it is to book a Vacasa Vacation Rental using your Wyndham Rewards Points. Here are the steps I recommend:
- Start your search here: https://www.vacasa.com/search?maxbeds=1&maxrate=350&place=/usa/ (this will show all properties that have 1 bedroom and cost less than $350 / night)
- Enter the city or state you are interested in
- Enter your check in and check out dates (this will only show properties that are available for the duration of your stay)
- Then look at all the properties that have ratings / reviews, focusing your attention on properties that have the best / most / recent ratings
- Then look at the photos and read the description (some properties charge a resort fee or parking)
- Once you have identified your top 1-3 properties, it is time to book the reservation
For an upcoming trip to Maui, I settled on this Vacasa Vacation Rental: Hale Kai O Kihei 207 – Kihei, HI
Good afternoon everyone. This morning, I received an email from Discover regarding a targeted referral bonus on the Discover It Credit Card. If you received this email, you can create a special referral link that has a $100 sign up bonus after first purchase and you will also receive a $100 referral bonus. The standard offer is $50 for both the sign up bonus and referral bonus, so this is an increased offer that is good through December 31, 2021. The subject line is “Special offer: $100 for you, share Discover with a friend.” If you didn’t receive the email, you can see if you are targeted by signing in here and going to the referral page.
Here are the terms and conditions from the bottom of the email. You can earn a maximum of $500 in referral rewards.
1. You will receive a $100 statement credit referral reward if your friend applies for the specific offer you send via the link provided and is approved now through December 31, 2021. During the offer period you may earn a maximum of $500 in referral rewards. You are not eligible to refer a friend if you have a Discover it® Secured Credit Card, or Discover it® Business Card. Your account must be in good standing to receive your referral reward. Each eligible friend will receive a $100 statement credit after making a purchase that posts to their account within three months of opening a new Discover account. Existing Discover cardmembers and those who have opted out of receiving marketing communications from Discover are not eligible referrals. You will not be notified whether a specific referral was approved or declined. Please allow up to 1-2 billing periods for the statement credit to post to your account after each referral is approved. Statement Credits you receive may be taxable to you. Please contact your tax advisor. Offer may not be combined with any other introductory offer.
If you are targeted for the $100 sign up bonus and referral bonus offer, you will see the message that says “Refer a friend and get a $100 statement.” You can copy your unique referral link or send an email from that page.
When your referee clicks the link, they will see the message at the top of the application that shows the $100 sign up bonus after first purchase.
If you are not eligible for the increased referral offer, you will see the standard $50 refer a friend offer. I have 2 Discover It Credit Cards and one has the $50 offer and the other has the $100 offer. The links are unique.
If you are interested in this credit card, here is my referral link that has the $100 sign up bonus after first purchase. I think I can refer more than 5 people, but I will only earn the $100 referral bonus on the first 5 approvals (due to the $500 referral maximum). If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. If you are targeted for this offer, please feel free to post your referral link in the comments section too. Have a great day everyone!