Good afternoon everyone, happy Friday! I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found 3 offers that are ending in the next few days. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 3 offers that end soon. Up first, Southwest Airlines is offering a 30% discount, on any purchase of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points. This offer expires on September 5.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Southwest Airlines promo:
Offer is valid between August 28, 2021, 12:00:01 a.m. CT and September 5, 2021, 11:59:59 p.m. CT. Select Rapid Rewards® Member with 5,001+ points balance in their account at the time of purchase will save 30% when the Member purchases 2,000 or more Rapid Rewards points. A valid credit card is required to purchase points. Gifted and transfer point purchases are not included in this offer. A minimum 2,000 points purchase threshold must be met on a per transaction basis in order to qualify for the bonus offer. Points can be purchased in blocks of 1,000 and a daily maximum of 60,000 points can be purchased by a Member with no annual maximum. Transactions are non-refundable and non-reversible. Purchased points do not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Prices are in U.S. dollars and include all applicable taxes. Prices for the purchase of points are only valid while a Member is currently logged in to Southwest.com and such prices are subject to change. Please allow up to 72 hours for points to post to the applicable Rapid Rewards account. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and is subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.
Up next, Alaska Airlines is offering a 10% bonus, on any purchase of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Miles. This offer expires on September 6. If you are in the San Francisco Bay Area, check out this post: Tomorrow: Alaska Airlines 2 for 1 Flight Vouchers @ San Francisco Giants Game.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Alaska Airlines promo:
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST August 27, 2021 and 11:59 PM PST September 6, 2021 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus GST/HST for Canadian residents and QST for Quebec residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles up to 60,000 miles, and in increments of 5,000 miles up to a maximum of 100,000 miles per transaction.
- MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member (Elite Member) accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com. If you are not an Elite Member, your account may only be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. Bonus miles do not count toward the maximum total of 150,000 miles.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
Lastly, IHG Hotels is offering up to a 100% bonus, depending on the number of IHG Rewards Club Points you purchase. This offer expires on September 9.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the IHG Hotels promo:
Offer available for purchases made between 12:00 AM ET September 1, 2021 and 11:59 PM ET September 9, 2021 inclusive. In order to qualify for the 100% bonus points offer, Members must make a minimum of 11,000 points purchase per transaction. Members may purchase a maximum of 150,000 points per calendar year and receive as a gift a maximum of 150,000 points per calendar year. Members may purchase a maximum of 250,000 points during the promotional period only. Members may gift a maximum of 250,000 points or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 250,000 points during the promotional period only. Points that have been already purchased, gifted or received as a gift in 2021 are included in the 250,000 points limit. Purchased points do not count towards IHG® Rewards Elite status. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for intended recipients only and may not be forwarded. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Price includes all applicable fees. Purchased Points are not refundable and are applicable toward all IHG® Rewards awards. Please allow 72 hours for points to post and appear in the recipient’s account. All other IHG® Rewards Terms and Conditions apply.
As of September 3, here are all the other buy miles & points offers:
- Marriott Hotels: Buy Marriott Bonvoy Points with up to a 50% bonus. Offer expires September 25, 2021.
- Air France / KLM: Buy Air France / KLM Flying Blue Miles with up to a 100% bonus. Offer expires September 30, 2021.
- Hilton Hotels: Buy Hilton Honors Points with up to a 100% bonus. Offer expires September 30, 2021.
- American Airlines: Buy American Airlines AAdvantage Miles with up to a 75% bonus. Offer expires September 30, 2021.
If you have any questions about any of these promos, please leave a comment below. Have a great Labor Day Weekend everyone!