Delta is late to the party in offering us their holiday shopping bonus miles deal. But better late than never! If you like to shop and like to earn miles and points when you shop, then this is the sweet spot time of year! With the holidays upon us, take advantage of this shopping sweet spot and use airline shopping portals to earn miles and points for shopping you’ll do anyway. Here’s Delta’s bonus promotion, as well as reminders from the other airlines offering holiday bonus miles. Continue reading
Good morning everyone. A few weeks ago, Chase changed their travel provider for their Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Portal to Expedia, so I decided to do an updated guide on how to book travel through the Chase Ultimate Rewards Travel Portal and pay with your Chase Ultimate Rewards Points. To get started, sign into your Chase online account and click the Go to Ultimate Rewards button on the right side of the page.
Updated 1:40pm PT on 10/29: Alaska Airlines has extended their buy mils promo through October 30.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers that are ending in the next 7 days. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are the 4 promos that are ending in the next 7 days. First up, Alaska Airlines is offering a 40% bonus when you purchase 20,000+ Alaska Airlines miles.
This offer expires on October 28. Offer extended through October 30.
We all have our favorite airlines and miles programs. Maybe I’m biased because I usually start my travels from the West Coast, but I’m a big fan of Alaska Airlines and can never have too many Alaska miles. If your Alaska miles account is short on miles, Alaska has a 40% offer on purchased miles expiring on October 28. This brings the cost to 2.1 cents per mile.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers that are ending in the next few days. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are the 3 promos that are ending soon. First up, Alaska Airlines has a tiered bonus where you can get up to a 50% bonus on Alaska Airlines miles. This offer expires on October 4.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Alaska Airlines promo:
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST August 20, 2018 and 11:59 PM PST October 4, 2018 to be eligible for bonus miles
- Only Mileage Plan™ members who receive this offer directly from Alaska Airlines via email are qualified to participate. This is an exclusive, non-transferable offer for the intended recipient only and may not be forwarded.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
Up next, American Airlines is offering a 10% discount plus bonus miles, based on the number of American Airlines miles you purchase. This offer expires on October 8.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the American Airlines promo:
To be eligible for a the bonus miles AAdvantage members must purchase 20,000 AAdvantage miles or more in a single transaction from the Buy or Gift Miles program beginning 12:00:00am CT on October 1, 2018 to 11:59:59pm CT on November 2, 2018. To be eligible to earn an extra 10% discount AAdvantage members must purchase by 11:59:59pm CT on October 8, 2018. The prices shown will include an applicable discount. The applicable discount applies to the AAdvantage miles purchased and does not apply towards taxes or the $35 transaction processing fee. The bonus miles earned are calculated based on each individual purchase amount and the corresponding bonus award. Bonus miles earned do not count toward the annual purchase limits. The applicable bonus miles are awarded to the recipient for Gift Miles transactions.
The miles purchased with the Buy Miles program and received with the Gift Miles program do not count towards AAdvantage Gold, AAdvantage Platinum, AAdvantage Platinum Pro, AAdvantage Executive Platinum or AAdvantage Million MilerSM status qualification. Transactions are nonrefundable and nonreversible. The miles successfully purchased or transferred usually post to the designated account right away, but please allow up to 8 hours for processing. Each AAdvantage member is limited to purchasing or receiving in a calendar year, a combined total of no more than 150,000 AAdvantage miles. Miles purchased through the Buy Miles program or received as a gift through the Gift Miles program count against this total. A confirmation email will be sent to the primary buyer/gifter and/or recipient, using the email address(es) associated with the AAdvantage account(s) and any additional email address provided. AAdvantage accounts less than 30 days old are not permitted to Buy or Gift Miles. Prices are in U.S. dollars and do not include applicable taxes or $35 per transaction processing charge. The promotion, pricing and/or fee to Buy, Gift or Share Miles is subject to change without notice. Your credit card company may add a currency conversion fee.
Lastly, United Airlines has a tiered bonus where you can get up to a 70% bonus on United Airlines miles. This offer expires on October 16.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the United Airlines promo:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on October 16, 2018
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 88,000 miles.
- Bonuses will be calculated on a per transaction basis only. The bonus amount applicable to a transaction is shown in the chart. Transactions may not be aggregated to calculate the bonus.
- Bonus Miles will generally be credited to the recipient’s MileagePlus account when the transaction is complete; provided that certain transactions may take up to 48 hours.
- Bonus miles count towards the 150,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 150,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Pricing is only available for purchases made through buymiles.mileageplus.com
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.
If you are looking for any other buy miles & points promos, check out this page for all of the current offers. If you have any questions about any of these promos, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!