Advertiser Disclosure: Travel with Grant is an independent, advertising-supported web site. Travel with Grant has financial relationships with many of the cards mentioned here, and is compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program. Travel with Grant has not reviewed all available credit card offers in the marketplace. Advertiser partners include American Express, Bank of America, Barclaycard, Chase, Citibank, Discover, U.S. Bank, and Wells Fargo.
Good morning everyone, happy Wednesday! A few days ago, I held a giveaway for 10 $10 Amazon eGift Cards to celebrate Travel with Grant’s 4 year blogiversary. I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who read that post and left a comment. Reading the comments brought a big smile to my face… then slowly disappeared as I started dreading the thought of picking just 10 winners. Even though Travel with Grant is 4 years old and I have written close to 1,000 posts during that time, I was happy to see that some of my other writers (Shelli, Tonei, Whitney and Bill) wrote posts that you thought were really good. In their honor, I picked 4 comments that related to their posts and I picked 6 comments that related to my posts.
Here are the winning comments (in no particular order) for my posts:
- Jim F. said: I benefited IMMENSELY from your March 27 post: How to Redeem your World of Hyatt Free Anniversary Night Certificate. This post prompted me to apply my free anniversary night to extend a vacation run my bride (of 35 years!) and I are taking to Singapore in Qatar’s A-350 business class (thanks to their “two fly for the price of one” promotion). Thanks, Grant!
- mami2jcn said: Happy Blogiversary! I liked this post: A Cheap Day in Bogota, Colombia (Monserrat, Funicular, Roasted Corn & Uber Rides). My mother is from Colombia but I haven’t been there for a visit in over 20 years. I enjoyed the pictures in that post.
- Leslie said: My favorite blog post was about Google Flights and profiting on timeshare presentations! I didn’t even know this was an option! I need a cheaper flight to make everything work for a first time trip to Hawaii and as a newbie to miles and points! Thanks so much for your blog!
- Nick said: I consider myself to be pretty shrewd, but I find that I can always learn a new trick from Grant. So was the case when Southwest had a sale. “Simply cancel the old reservation and rebook under the lower fare.” I like how you pointed this out in your blog. Thanks for the great tip Grant! Also I love the app-o-ramas. Very enjoyable reading and I may learn something. Also I love that Grant stresses the importance of being a responsible MS’er. Leave some for the next guy (or gal)!
- Seth said: I liked all of the excitement around when you made it to the big leagues and got on prior2boarding and then BoardingArea!
- Joe said: I like reading about your interactions with various customer services (e.g. over twitter and otherwise)–really good to know which companies offer good service, and which don’t.
Here are the 4 winning comments (in no particular order) that my other writers wrote:
- Luke US said: Hi Grant! Congratulations!! :) I love your blog! I especially liked your post about the origin of Dulce de Leche in Argentina (written by Shelli). Dulce de Leche is one of my favorite foods! I loved the story, and I definitely agree that it is worth making a trip to Argentina for! :)
- David T said: Hey, congrats on 4 years. I really enjoyed the article describing the company that lets you meet up with a native of the country you’re visiting: JoeyTravel has a Local Friend in Every City (My Review from Santiago, Chile) (written by Shelli).
- Angie said: Happy 4 years!!! Woohoo!!! Where did time go? My favorite blog post is actually something you wrote recently! The timing of the post was perfect. It was the post about not having to Pay VAT at Argentina Hotels when using a Foreign Credit Card (Shelli sent me the link for this post). I’m planning a trip there so that little tip is super helpful! I feel little details like that don’t get mentioned often so I’m really thankful you devoted a post to let readers know. Thanks for helping me save some money! =)
- Jon W. said: Happy blog anniversary! My favorite post will have to be “Shelli’s World Coffee Tour – First Stop, San Diego” because: A) This was my introduction to Shelli and she is a wonderful contributor, B) it introduced me to Birdrock, which is now my favorite place to get coffee in San Diego, C) It’s about San Diego, my hometown (though I’m also envious of your In-n-Out meetups at the District in Tustin being a UCI alumnus). And D…because choosing “Chasing American Airlines Elite Status and Knowing When to Stop” would be unfair and biased for me.
I will send out Amazon eGift Cards to the winners via email, so check your email (and spam) folders for an email from me. Thanks again to everyone who left a comment and for all the readers out there, wherever you are in the world. Have a great day everyone!