Good morning everyone, I am heading down to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico tomorrow for a long Presidents Day Weekend. A few months ago, I wrote Redeem Virgin Atlantic Miles for Virgin America Award Flights (Complete Route Network from SFO). In that post, I showed how it was possible (at the time) to redeem Virgin Atlantic miles for travel on Virgin America (this partnership is no longer possible since Alaska Airlines is acquiring Virgin America). Long story short, I redeemed 25,000 Virgin Atlantic miles for a round trip Virgin America flight from SFO to SJD (Cabo). This will be my second trip to Cabo and I wrote about my first trip in these posts:
- 3/27/2014 – Planning your Cabo San Lucas Trip (from Orange County)
- 8/14/2014 – TWG is Flying to Cabo this Weekend on Southwest Airlines
- 8/18/2014 – Weekend Trip to Cabo – Part 1: Southwest Airlines Flight and Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
- 9/8/2014 – Weekend Trip to Cabo – Part 2: ATVs on the Beach, Boat Ride to El Arco, and Dinner at Cabo Wabo
- 9/17/2014 – Hurricane Odile Ravages Los Cabos / Cabo San Lucas Hotels and Community
During my first visit, I stayed at the beautiful Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort and loved the property. Here is a view from my room that overlooked the pool and beach.
Unfortunately, shortly after my stay, Hurricane Odile came through and hit Cabo and Baja California really hard. Check out the link above for more photos, but long story short, the resort was hit hard, palm trees were torn down, windows were smashed, power outages and flooding around the property. After I heard about the hurricane and saw the photos, I vowed to return to Cabo as soon as possible. I really wanted to stay at the Hilton again, but the price (points and all cash) were much higher than before, so I decided to stay at another hotel.
Anyway, since I will be in Cabo for almost 5 days, I am looking for restaurant and activity recommendations. We are not staying at an all inclusive resort so we need to figure out what to do. Last time I was in Cabo, my brother and I did an ATV tour and loved it, so extreme sports are always appreciated.
Thank you for your help and have a great day everyone!