Good evening everyone. Since Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner, several airlines are running buy miles/points promos now – 2 even end tonight! I have all the latest offers on my Buy Miles & Points Page. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are the 7 promos that are ending in November. First up, United Airlines is running a mystery offer with up to 70% bonus miles, depending on the number of United Airlines miles you purchase. This offer ends tonight – November 20.
Good morning everyone, I hope you all has a great weekend. A few weeks ago, I applied for 8 new credit cards during my App-O-Rama. Here are the 8 credit cards and sign up bonuses that I applied for (not in this particular order). Unfortunately, my App-O-Rama skills are not as good as they used to be and I was (ultimately) declined for most of these credit cards.
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Credit Card: 30,000 AS Miles + $100 statement credit after spending $1,000 in 3 months ($75 annual fee)
- Bank of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card: 75,000 VA Miles after spending $12,000 in 6 months ($90 annual fee)
- Bank of America Amtrak Rewards Credit Card: 30,000 Amtrak Points after spending $1,000 in 3 months ($79 annual fee)
- US Bank Altitude Reserve Credit Card: 50,000 FlexPoints ($750 in travel credit) after spending $4,500 in 3 months ($400 annual fee)
- Wells Fargo Visa Signature Credit Card: 20,000 Go Far Reward Points after spending $1,000 in 3 months ($0 annual fee)
- First Bankcard Best Western Credit Card: 50,000 Points after spending $1,000 in 3 months ($59 annual fee, first year waived)
- Synchrony Bank Cathay Pacific Credit Card: 50,000 CX Miles after spending $2,500 in 3 months ($95 annual fee)
- Barclays Wyndham Rewards Credit Card: 45,000 Wyndham Points (3 free nights) after spending $2,000 in 3 months ($75 annual fee)
Long story short, I applied for 3 Bank of America credit cards, starting with the Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Credit Card. I recently closed my previous Bank of America Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Credit Card a few weeks ago, so I was ready to apply again and earn more Alaska Airlines miles. Unfortunately, my application went to pending. Since I was not immediately declined, I decided to apply for a Bank of America Virgin Atlantic Credit Card. Surprisingly, I was instantly approved for that credit card with a pretty small credit limit. With that success, I decided to apply for a Bank of America Amtrak Rewards Credit Card. Unfortunately, that application went to pending as well. 1 out of 3 instant approvals was not bad. I was hopeful that the 2 pending applications could be approved with a short reconsideration call.
Good morning everyone, I am heading down to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico tomorrow for a long Presidents Day Weekend. A few months ago, I wrote Redeem Virgin Atlantic Miles for Virgin America Award Flights (Complete Route Network from SFO). In that post, I showed how it was possible (at the time) to redeem Virgin Atlantic miles for travel on Virgin America (this partnership is no longer possible since Alaska Airlines is acquiring Virgin America). Long story short, I redeemed 25,000 Virgin Atlantic miles for a round trip Virgin America flight from SFO to SJD (Cabo). This will be my second trip to Cabo and I wrote about my first trip in these posts:
- 3/27/2014 – Planning your Cabo San Lucas Trip (from Orange County)
- 8/14/2014 – TWG is Flying to Cabo this Weekend on Southwest Airlines
- 8/18/2014 – Weekend Trip to Cabo – Part 1: Southwest Airlines Flight and Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort
- 9/8/2014 – Weekend Trip to Cabo – Part 2: ATVs on the Beach, Boat Ride to El Arco, and Dinner at Cabo Wabo
- 9/17/2014 – Hurricane Odile Ravages Los Cabos / Cabo San Lucas Hotels and Community
During my first visit, I stayed at the beautiful Hilton Los Cabos Beach & Golf Resort and loved the property. Here is a view from my room that overlooked the pool and beach.
Buenos dias everyone!
My partner and I just embarked on a bit of a ridiculous trip for the holidays. This trip started out from a mistake rate for a club room at the Hyatt Regency Paris Etoile – I booked 3 nights at a rate of 3,000 points + €18; normally a standard room award goes for 15,000 points, and the club upgrade is 3,000 points in addition to the standard room rate. About a month ago, well after the hotel decided to honor the reservations, we decided we actually wanted to go – neither of us have ever been to Paris before.
Good morning everyone. Last week, I was talking to a friend about converting Virgin Atlantic miles into Hilton HHonors points (2:3 transfer ratio). If you are interested in the transfer process, here is a post I wrote about the process. My *wise* friend reminded me that Virgin Atlantic miles could be used for travel on Virgin America (an airlines I fly frequently from SFO). When I looked at the Virgin Atlantic award chart for travel on Virgin America, I only saw 14 routes to/from San Francisco. What about the other Virgin America routes to/from San Francisco?
Disclaimer: This post only focuses on Virgin America routes to/from SFO, but you can follow the same steps below to find routes from your home airport. I only researched Main Cabin (aka economy class) awards on Virgin America, not Main Cabin Select or First Class award prices. Lastly, Virgin Atlantic can only book Virgin America award flights if there is award space available, so YMMV.