Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending this month. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 3 buy miles/points promos ending this month. First up, Avianca LifeMiles is offering a 100% bonus on all miles purchased. This offer expires on March 14.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Avianca LifeMiles promo:
- Miles must be purchased in multiples of LM 1,000
- The minimum miles to purchase per transaction is LM 1,000
- The maximum amount of miles to receive by a member per calendar year is LM 200,000 (including miles purchased and bonuses received). If you exceed the limit, through purchases made during any promotion and other purchases in 2019, taking into account the bonuses received for those purchases, you will not be able to purchase any more miles until the next calendar year
- Each multiple of LM 1,000 costs US$ 33*
- Payments can only be made through Avianca´s Call Center and LifeMiles.com: credit card or international debit card. Cash payments are only allowed at Avianca´s Sales Offices. Other conditions: the receipt of the transaction will reflect the total number of miles accrued to your account and the total charge for the transaction
- Miles purchased and earned with this option do not apply to achieve or mantain the Elite status
- The purchase of miles is non reversable and non refundable. The purchase of miles is an immediate execution contract. Once the payment is made, the miles will be accrued immediately on your account. As of that moment the miles can be used according to the terms and conditions of the LifeMiles program. For these reasons the purchase of miles is a contract that cannot be resolved and retraction or similar rights according to applicable law are not applicable
- Miles are not endorsable
- Mile purchase is available through Avianca´s Call Center, LifeMiles.com and Avianca´s Sale Offices. For residents of Venezuela, it is only available through LifeMiles.com
- Miles purchased, once accrued, can be redeemed in accordance with the conditions specified in the LifeMiles program terms and conditions and the portfolio of products and services available for redemption
- LifeMiles terms and conditions apply. LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles LTD
- *For residents in Colombia: the values are settled based on Colombia´s exchange rate on the date of the trasaction. For residents in Peru each multiple of LM 1,000 has a cost of US$ 38.94 or S/.132.23 including taxes. Prices in Nuevos Soles reflect the reference exchange rate to January 2nd, 2019: S/.3.370 per US$ 1. Final prices in Nuevos Soles will be determined based on the exchange rate issued by IATA. For the rest of the countries the values are settled based on the exchange rate of the date of the transaction. The price can be lower depending of the correspondence country entered on your profile in your LifeMiles account
Up next, Alaska Airlines is offering a 40% bonus, when you purchase at least 20,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles. This offer expires on March 17.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Alaska Airlines promo:
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST March 11, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST March 17, 2019 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. for a cost of $27.50 per 1,000 miles, plus a 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you. MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- *Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
Lastly, United Airlines is offering up to 70,000 bonus miles, depending on the number of United Airlines MileagePlus Miles you purchase. This offer expires on March 25.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the United Airlines promo:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on March 25, 2019.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 104,478 miles.
- Bonuses will be calculated on a per transaction basis only. The bonus amount applicable to a transaction is shown in the chart. Transactions may not be aggregated to calculate the bonus.
- Bonus Miles will generally be credited to the recipient’s MileagePlus account when the transaction is complete; provided that certain transactions may take up to 48 hours.
- Bonus miles count towards the 175,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 175,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Pricing is only available for purchases made through buymiles.mileageplus.com
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.
If you want to see all current buy miles & points offers, check out this page for all of the current offers. If you have any questions about any of these promos, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!