Good morning everyone. As a result of my recent July Credit Card App-O-Rama, I now had 2 Citi Premier Credit Cards. The plan all along was to product change the first / oldest Citi Premier Credit Card into a new Citi Rewards+ Credit Card. I will keep the second / newest Citi Premier Credit Card as is because I need access to the Citi Thank You Point airline transfer partners. I called Citi and asked the rep to convert my Citi Premier Credit Card into a Citi Rewards+ Credit Card. The rep processed the conversion and stated the following:
- The conversion process would take a total of 51 days, starting on September 5, 2019.
- The conversion process would be completed on October 26, 2019 (if I wanted to stop the conversion process, I needed to call back before this date).
- My credit card account number would not change (but the credit card expiration date and CVV code would most likely change).
- It would take up to 11 days for benefits to kick in (I’m not sure if that is true, by credit card benefits seemed to kick in right away).
- My new Citi Rewards+ Credit Card would arrive in 10-14 days (but I could continue to use my existing Citi Premier Credit Card until the new credit card arrived).
After the call, I logged into my Citi online account and spotted my new Citi Rewards+ Credit Card beneath my Citi Premier Credit Card.