Updated at 8:45am PT on 5/4/22: Fixed a few cents per point typos and added info about the speed of the Global Points Transfer.
Good afternoon everyone. A few weeks ago, I wrote Reminiscing About and my Plan for my US Bank Radisson Rewards Premier & Business Credit Cards. In that post, I covered the history of events from Club Carlton to Radisson Rewards to Radisson Hotels Americas and all the major changes in between. I also covered the upcoming credit card changes and ultimately decided to keep my current credit cards as is and let the product changes occur (to get the prorated annual fee refunds). But the next big question to answer is: What should I do with my stash of 200K Radisson Hotels Americas Points? I don’t have an exact answer, but I will share some of the best options that are currently available.
First off, I have both a personal and business Radisson Hotels Americas account with a combined point balance of around 200K points. Remember, you can easily move points between accounts, just call the customer service number (888-288-8889).
The easiest option would be to redeem your points for an award stay within the Americas. Here is the award chart for all hotels in the Americas. Most of the best properties in the Americas are in the 60K – 75K range per night, so I should be able to get about 3 nights in a nice Radisson Blu property. If you are not interested in an award stay in the Americas, keep reading to find out what other options are available.
If you would rather stay at a hotel outside the Americas, you will need to transfer your points from Radisson Hotels Americas to Radisson Rewards. You can do this online by going to the Global Points Transfer page. The transfer page says the process should take less than 24 hours, but according to the comments, the transfers are instant. The award redemption prices are exactly the same and you can book them from this page.
Here are the Global Points Transfer Process Terms and Conditions:
1. Program Definitions:
a. “Radisson Rewards” refers to the Radisson Hotel Group loyalty program which supports members who earn and/or redeem in Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific.
b. “Radisson Rewards Americas” refers to the Radisson Hotel Group Americas loyalty program which supports members who earn and/or redeem in the United States, Canada or Latin America.
3. When used herein the term “Points.com” refers to Points.com Inc., and its affiliate Points International (UK) Limited. The local offices of Points.com Inc. are located at 351 California Street, Suite 1210, San Francisco, CA 94104, USA. The local offices of Points International (UK) Limited are located at 7 South Avenue Kew, First Floor, Unit 1, Surrey, UK, TW9 3EL. The head office of Points.com Inc. is located at 111 Richmond Street West, Suite 700, Toronto, Ontario M5H 2G4 Canada.
4. These terms and conditions, together your request for a Free Transfer Transaction, constitute the entire agreement between you and Points.com with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements or understandings, if any, whether written or oral, relating to such subject matter. By submitting the request for a Free Transfer Transaction, you acknowledge and accept these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice. These terms and conditions were last updated in March 2021.
5. You must be a member in good standing in both the Radisson Rewards program and Radisson Rewards Americas program to be eligible for a Free Transfer Transaction. Both of your member accounts in Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas accounts must be Open status.
6. Your Free Transfer Transaction shall not be effective until accepted by Points.com. Acceptance by Points.com shall be evidenced only by the actual withdraw of transferred points from your Radisson Rewards member account and deposit into your Radisson Rewards Americas member account or by the actual withdraw of transferred points from your Radisson Rewards Americas member account and deposit into your Radisson Rewards member account. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Points.com reserves the right to revoke or cancel any acceptance and/or reverse transactions as set forth below.
7. Members of the Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs may only transfer points through the Global Points Transfer Process between their Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas accounts. Members may not transfer points between accounts within the same program. A Free Transfer Transaction will only be allowed between your member accounts in both the Radisson Rewards program and Radisson Rewards Americas program that have matching first name, last name, and email address.
8. Members of Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs can transfer points at a one-to-one ratio using the Global Points Transfer Process up to 1,000,000 points per Free Transfer Transaction.
9. Each member of the Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs is limited to transferring no more than 5,000,000 points and receiving no more than 5,000,000 points via the Global Points Transfer Process per calendar year.
10. Each member of the Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs is limited to participating (as transferor or transferee) in 25 Free Transfer Transactions per calendar year.
11. There is no cost for a Free Transfer Transaction between members accounts in the Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs.
12. Points will be transferred from a member’s Radisson Rewards account to their Radisson Rewards Americas member account or from a member’s Radisson Rewards Americas account to their Radisson Rewards member account (as applicable) within 24 hours.
13. Points.com, Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas reserve the right at any time, in their sole discretion, with or without notice and without any further liability or obligation add, modify, delete, change, suspend or terminate these terms and conditions in whole or in part. A Free Transfer Transaction is not a guarantee of the availability of any Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards Americas program redemption option, and the earning and redemption of points is subject to all Radisson Rewards Program terms and conditions and Radisson Rewards Americas Program terms and conditions.
14. You acknowledge that Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas reserves the right to, in its sole discretion, disqualify any member from participation in the Global Points Transfer Process; to make changes to the programs in accordance with the program terms and conditions; and to modify or discontinue the Free Transfer Transaction in whole or in part, including, without limitation, prices, point increments, and the use of Points.com Inc. for the processing of a Free Transfer Transactions, without prior notice.
15. You agree that the transfer and use of all points, including such points subject to a Free Transfer Transaction hereunder, are at all times, subject to the terms, conditions, exclusions and limitations of the Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs. Radisson Rewards program and Radisson Rewards Americas program have the sole and exclusive authority and responsibility for operating, modifying, terminating, and establishing the terms and conditions applicable to their respective programs. Points.com shall have no liability or responsibility to you for, and has no obligation to notify you of, any action, inaction or decision taken by Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards Americas in connection with their respective programs. You hereby agree not to make any claim against Points.com for any action, inaction or decision taken by Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards Americas in connection with their respective programs. Points.com shall not be treated as the agent of Radisson Rewards or Radisson Rewards Americas for any purpose.
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you shall indemnify, defend and hold Points.com and its affiliates, Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas and their affiliates, and each such entity’s respective directors, officers, employees, contractors, partners, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns, harmless from and against any and all losses, obligations, claims, damages, demands, liabilities, suits, actions, costs, fees and expenses whatsoever incurred, suffered or borne by or asserted against any such persons in any way relating to, arising out of or resulting from (i) your performance or failure to perform hereunder or (ii) any breach by you of these terms and conditions.
16. POINTS SUBJECT TO A FREE TRANSFER TRANSACTION AND ANY ASSOCIATED SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, CONDITION OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS, CONDITIONS OR GUARANTEES OF QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY, MERCHANTABLE QUALITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT, ALL OF WHICH ARE DISCLAIMED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
17. POINTS.COM’S, RADISSON REWARDS AND RADISSON REWARDS AMERICAS’ ENTIRE LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF CAUSE OF ACTION, DEMAND OR CLAIM, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE FREE TRANSFER TRANSACTION. IN NO EVENT SHALL POINTS.COM OR RADISSON REWARDS AND RADISSON REWARDS AMERICAS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUFFERED IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OR FREE TRANSFER TRANSACTION, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF CAUSE OF ACTION, DEMAND OR CLAIM, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT OR TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE, AND EVEN IF SUCH DAMAGES ARE FORESEEABLE EVEN IF POINTS.COM, RADISSON REWARDS AND RADISSON REWARDS AMERICAS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
18. You shall comply with all laws, rules and regulations applicable to these terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the Radisson Rewards and Radisson Rewards Americas programs.
19. These terms and conditions are governed exclusively by the laws of the State of Delaware, without regards to conflicts of law principles thereof. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any claim, dispute or controversy between you and Points.com shall be determined by final and binding arbitration to the exclusion of the courts. Such arbitration will be conducted in Toronto, Ontario, Canada on a simplified and expedited basis by one arbitrator pursuant to the current laws and rules relating to commercial arbitration in Ontario. If the foregoing arbitration is not permitted by applicable law or any court with jurisdiction, you irrevocably agree that all claims, disputes or controversies shall be settled exclusively by the courts of the State of Delaware. Further, Points.com retains the right to seek immediate injunctive relief if, in its business judgment, such relief is necessary to protect its interests prior to utilizing or completing the dispute arbitration processes described in this Section.
20. You may not assign or transfer these terms and conditions, or any right or obligation hereunder, whether by express assignment, operation of law or otherwise. No modification, amendment or waiver of these terms and conditions shall be effective or binding unless made in writing and signed by Points.com. If any provision of these terms and condition is found to be or becomes invalid or unenforceable, whether in whole or in part, such provision or part thereof declared invalid or unenforceable shall be deemed to be severable and shall be deleted from these terms and conditions and all remaining terms and conditions of these terms and conditions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.
21. Points.com, Radisson Rewards, and Radisson Rewards Americas shall have no liability for delays or failure in its performance hereunder caused by any act of God, war, strike, labour dispute, work stoppage, fire, act of government, or any other cause, whether similar or dissimilar beyond its control.
The transfer is processed by Points.com and you can literally transfer any amount between 1 point up to your entire points balance with a maximum of 1 million points per transaction. There is a limit of 5 million points that you can receive or transfer per year.
Transfer are free and should be processed in less than 24 hours. According to the comments section, transfers are instant.
If you would rather have
cold hard cash Visa Gift Cards (VGC), you can cash in your points for a VGC. From previous experience, it takes about 1-2 weeks for your VGC to arrive in the mail.
You can choose any combination of $25, $50, and $100 VGCs. The value you get is slightly less than 0.15 cents per point (CPP). If I cashed out my stash of 200K points at that price, I would get $300 in value.
|Gift Card Amount||Radisson Hotels Americas Points||Cents Per Point (CPP)|
If you would rather have a retail gift card, you can redeem your points for a variety of gift cards in different denominations. I’ve never order a retail gift card, but I would assume the turnaround time is about 1-2 weeks.
There are several retailers available, but the price is the same for all $10, $25, $50, and $100 gift cards. The value you get is slightly less than 0.15 cents per point (CPP). If I cashed out my stash of 200K points at that price, I would get $300 in value.
|Gift Card Amount||Radisson Hotels Americas Points||Cents Per Point (CPP)|
If you would rather convert your points to airline miles, you can do that too on this page. The transfer ratio is 10 points = 1 mile. Since each point is worth about 0.15 CPP, you would be buying miles for 1.5 CPP, which may or may not be a good deal. It says transfer times are 4-6 weeks, so keep that in mind since any award space you find now will probably be gone in the next 4-6 weeks. If I cashed out my stash of 200K points, I would only get 20K miles. That doesn’t sound too exciting. The one good thing about this option is that you can transfer in increments of as small as 2K points, so you can use some orphaned points if you cashed out via other options.
Here are the terms and conditions:
- If you elect to redeem points to airline miles/points with participating airline partners, you will be required to verify your airline program membership information. The name on your Radisson Rewards Americas account must be identical to the name on your airline program account.
- To transfer your points to miles, your member name and frequent flyer number will be shared with the airline selected to complete your transactions.
- The points will be subtracted from your account at the time of request and it may take 4–6 weeks for the miles to post to your airline account.
- You must have sufficient points in your account at the time of request.
- When you select airline miles/points as your earning preference in your profile, your entire balance of points and all future points earned will automatically be redeemed in 10,000-point increments for airline miles/points with the airline you have selected. Airline miles/points with this auto redemption option will be redeemed at a ratio of 10 Radisson Rewards Americas points to 1 airline mile/point. NOTE: Exception for SAS EuroBonus points: Members who choose to have points automatically redeemed for SAS EuroBonus points will have a redemption ratio of 7 Radisson Rewards Americas points to 1 SAS EuroBonus point. Radisson Rewards Americas points that are automatically redeemed for SAS EuroBonus points will be redeemed in 7 point increments.
- Any requests for changes, reissuance or re-credit of points after submitting the request are not allowed. Airline miles are non-refundable.
- Members may only redeem up to a maximum of 1,000,000 points per calendar year for airline miles.
- Members purchasing points or receiving gifted points may not redeem purchased points for miles with Lufthansa’s Miles & More program. Purchasing points will exclude members from
- any redemption with Miles & More for the lifetime of the members account.
- The redemption for miles is subject to all Radisson Rewards Americas program terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the applicable airline program
Here is the list of eclectic airline transfer partners. I might transfer to Delta, Southwest, or United.
I’m really not sure what to do. I could get $300 in Visa Gift Cards or retail cards, but that doesn’t sound too exciting. I also like the idea of getting 3 nights in a 60K – 75K property, but that might not happen for a year or two. What are your plans for your stash of points? Please let me know what you are planning on doing. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!