Good morning everyone, happy New Year’s Eve Eve (emphasis on the extra Eve). Yesterday, I wrote about my dismal prediction performance (I didn’t predict I would do so poorly – another wrong prediction of mine) in my post How Right (or Wrong) were my 2021 Airline, Hotel & Credit Card Predictions? My new crystal ball just arrived from Amazon, so I am going to put it to the ultimate test and I’ll provide my 2022 airline, hotel, and credit card predictions. I’m guaranteed to get between 0% and 100% correct, but only time will tell…
My 2022 Airline Predictions
- Alaska Airlines or Southwest Airlines will bring back their “convert travel funds to airline miles” feature.
- American Airlines will return as a Citi ThankYou Points airline transfer partner.
- Avianca will give Turkish Airlines a run for their money for domestic Star Alliance awards.
- British Airways will let you use Avios to pay the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharge portion of award tickets.
- Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, or United Airlines will introduce a “Miles and Cash” payment option for award tickets (pay 10,000 miles or pay 8,000 miles + $40).
- JetBlue will partner with another US airline for award bookings.
- United Airlines will be a transfer partner with Brex, Citi, or American Express.