Good afternoon everyone. Back in May, US Bank sent out emails to US Bank Radisson Rewards Credit Card members regarding a targeted spending offer. Spend $500 or more each month of May, June, and July and earn 20,000 bonus Radisson Rewards Points. 20,000 Radisson Rewards points are worth ~$100 to me, so I decided to complete the spending requirements. Fast forward to this week and the 20,000 bonus points just posted to my Radisson Rewards account.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 7 offers that end this week. Up first, Avianca Airlines is offering up to a 145% bonus, depending on the number of Avianca LifeMiles you purchase. This offer expires tomorrow – October 4.
Good morning everyone. This is a hotel hack that I have used a few times to various degrees of success. It is definitely in the “gray area” of travel hacking (read Frequent Miler’s Blogging the Line post), but all’s fair in love, war, and award redemptions, right? I don’t want to state any specific hotel chains or specific hotels that have worked for me, but this should technically be possible everywhere, but your mileage may vary (YMMV). For this hotel hack, let me paint you a picture…
You are in the middle of planning your trip, the award flights are booked, the discounted rental car is booked, your activities are all planned out, but the hotel you have your eye on is not available on points. Bummer! Not to worry, there may be a way to book the hotel on points for the night you want.
Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. As part of my “Keep, Cancel or Convert?” series, I like to evaluate and reevaluate credit cards to make sure they still deserve a spot in my wallet (or credit card drawer). For today’s post, I will review my US Bank Radisson Rewards Business Credit Card (no longer available to new cardholders) which just charged me the $60 annual fee. The only reason I keep this credit card year after year is the 40,000 anniversary Radisson Rewards Points. I am basically buying 40,000 Radisson Rewards Points for $60, which is 0.15 cents per point (CPP). I probably value Radisson Rewards Points at 0.4-0.5 CPP, so I have no problem paying the annual fee every year.
Even though I planned on keeping this credit card, I called US Bank to ask if there were any retention offers available. After reviewing my account, the rep first said she could cut my interest rate in half. I politely declined that offer and said last year I was offered Radisson Rewards Points to keep the credit card open – was that offer still available? The rep said yes, but it was only for 2,500 Radisson Rewards Points. I told her that was better than nothing and accepted the offer. The rep said I should see the 2,500 Radisson Rewards Points on my next statement.
Updated 11:20am PT on 7/22: I added the latest Alaska Airlines buy miles promo to the end of this post.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found 10 offers ending in the next 2 months. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here is a quick summary of the 10 buy miles/points promos ending in July and August:
- Radisson Hotels – Buy Radisson Rewards Points with up to a 50% Bonus! (Offer expires July 28, 2019)
- Avianca Airlines – Buy Avianca Airlines LifeMiles with a 145% Bonus! (Offer expires July 31, 2019)
- JetBlue – Buy JetBlue TrueBlue Points with up to a 40% Discount! (Offer expires July 31, 2019)
- American Airlines – Buy American Airlines AAdvantage Miles with a 10% Discount + up to 100,000 Bonus Miles! (Offer expires August 2, 2019)
- Spirit Airlines – Buy Spirit Airlines Free Spirit Miles with up to a 40% Bonus! (Offer expires August 9, 2019)
- Air France / KLM – Buy Air France / KLM Flying Blue Miles with a 50% Bonus! (Offer expires August 11, 2019)
- Southwest Airlines – Buy Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points with up to a 40% Discount! (Offer expires August 14, 2019)
- Choice Hotels – Buy Choice Hotels Rewards Points with a 25% Discount! (Offer expires August 22, 2019)
- IHG Hotels – Buy IHG Rewards Club Points with a 100% Bonus! (Offer expires August 23, 2019)
- Alaska Airlines – Buy Alaska Airlines with up to a 50% Bonus! (Offer expires August 30, 2019)
First up, Radisson Rewards is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of Radisson Rewards Points you purchase. This offer expires on July 28.