Good morning everyone. In a few weeks, Laura and I will be doing a roadtrip around Ireland (more Ireland posts to come soon) and I was making a few last minute hotel reservations for our trip. Before researching hotels in Ireland, I did not know that Ireland and Northern Ireland (part of the UK) had so many Radisson Blu hotels (9 as of today). Since I was sitting on a large stash of Radisson Rewards points (and we had a great time at the beautiful Radisson Blu Beach Resort in Milatos, Crete), I decided to use them to book 5 different Radisson Blu hotels around Ireland & Northern Ireland. The only problem… I was 1,500 Radisson Rewards points short of my redemption goal.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 8 offers that end this month. Up first, Hilton is offering a 100% bonus, when you purchase at least 10,000 Hilton Honors Points. This offer expires today – February 19.
Good morning everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. A few days ago, I wrote Ask Me Anything (AMA): Credit Card Edition. I had some great reader questions and I am doing the second AMA, this time on hotels. I like to describe myself as loyal to hotel loyalty programs, but not loyal to a specific hotel chain. Here is a screenshot from AwardWallet of the hotel loyalty programs I belong to and their elite status:
Here is a quick rundown of how I have these hotel elite statuses:
- Best Western Diamond Select – status match from Hilton Diamond (status match link)
- Caesars Rewards Diamond – status match from Wyndham Rewards (Middle Ade Miles blog post)
- Choice Hotels Member – I think I have only spent 2-3 nights at Choice hotels in the last 2-3 years
- Hilton Diamond – free thanks to my American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card (my blog post)
- World of Hyatt Discoverist – free thanks to my old Chase Hyatt Hotel Credit Card
- IHG Rewards Spire Elite – I spent a few thousand dollars at IHG in 2019 (mainly at the InterContinental Moorea for my pre-honeymoon)
- Marriott Bonvoy Platinum Elite – I had a few different Marriott / SPG credit card elite nights stack in 2019
- MGM Resorts Pearl – status match from World of Hyatt Discoverist (Doctor of Credit’s post)
- Radisson Rewards Gold / Silver – I have 3 different US Bank Radisson Rewards Credit Cards that come with Gold or Silver elite status
- Wyndham Rewards Diamond – status matched from Caesars Rewards Diamond (Middle Ade Miles blog post)
Good morning everyone. As we approach the end of the year, I decided to take a look at my credit card spreadsheet and see how much my wife and I paid in annual fees this year. I removed all the no annual fee credit cards and here are the 26 credit cards that have annual fees (sorted alphabetically). I will break down this list into cards that I am 99% sure that I will cancel, 99% sure that I will keep, and the 50/50 cards that I might keep or cancel. Read through this post and let me know if you agree or disagree with my thinking.
Updated 11:45am PT on 12/9: United Airlines has a buy miles promo that ends on December 11. More details added below.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 6 offers that end this week. Up first, Avianca Airlines is offering up to a 145% bonus, depending on the number of Avianca Airlines LifeMiles you purchase.
This offer expires today – December 3. Extended until December 5.