Good morning everyone, happy Friday! I need a little help. I am planning my next App-O-Rama (OAR) and want another Chase credit card (or two). Since I am way over 5/24 (some people say LOL/24), I cannot get any of the really good credit cards. According to US Credit Card Guide, theses are the currently available non-5/24 Chase credit cards:
- Chase British Airways – I received the sign up bonus for this credit card in May 2015
- Chase IHG – I currently have this credit card
- Chase Hyatt – I currently have this credit card
- Chase Fairmont – This credit card is discontinued, so I cannot get this credit card
- Chase Ritz-Carlton – I recently converted this card into the Chase Marriott Rewards Credit Card
- Chase Marriott Business
- Chase Iberia
- Chase Disney Rewards
- Chase Disney Premier
- Chase Amazon Prime
- Chase AARP
Since the last 6 credit cards are possible options, let’s see if I can narrow down the list. Here are the basics for the last 6 Chase credit cards:
- Chase Marriott Business – 75,000 Marriott Points after spending $3,000 in 3 months, 5x at Marriott and SPG, 2x on airlines, car rentals, and restaurants, 1x everywhere else, $99 annual fee (waived the first year).
- Chase Iberia – 50,000 Avios after spending $3,000 in 3 months, 25,000 Avios after spending $10,000 in 12 months, 3x on Iberia and British Airways, 1x on everything else, 10% discount on Iberia flights, $95 annual fee.
- Chase Disney Rewards – $200 cash back after spending $500 in 3 months, 1% cash back everywhere, no annual fee.
- Chase Disney Premier – $200 cash back after spending $500 in 3 months, 2% cash back on Disney, 1% cash back everywhere else, $49 annual fee.
- Chase Amazon Prime – $50 Amazon gift card on approval, 5% cash back at Amazon and Whole Foods (Prime Members only, otherwise 3% cash back), 2% cash back at restaurants, gas stations and drugstores, 1% cash back on everything else, no annual fee.
- Chase AARP – $200 cash back after spending $500 in 3 months, 3% cash back at restaurants and gas stations, no annual fee (AARP membership not required).
If memory serves me correctly, you can still get a personal and business Chase credit card on the same day. If that is still true, I will go for the Chase Marriott Business Credit Card. That leaves 5 personal credit cards left. I would really love to get a Chase credit card that can be converted / product changed into a Chase Freedom Credit Card (the Chase Freedom Q2 cash back categories look great). Does anyone know if you can convert the Disney, Amazon, or AARP credit card into a Chase Freedom Credit Card? I used to have the Chase Freedom Credit Card, but I upgraded to the Chase Sapphire Reserve Credit Card. If it is not possible to convert one of those credit cards to the Chase Freedom Credit Card, I suppose the new Chase Iberia Credit Card is the obvious choice then.
I’m not in love with Marriott points or Iberia Avios right now, but if those are my best Chase credit card options, I guess it’s not terrible. What do you think I should do? If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Have a great weekend everyone!
P.S. My girlfriend says I should not apply for any more credit cards, but I’m still working on convincing her that credit cards are good :)