Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 5 buy miles/points promos ending soon. First up, United Airlines is offering up to a 70% bonus, depending on the number of United Airlines MileagePlus Miles you purchase. This offer expires on May 9.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the United Airlines promo:
- Promotional offer valid until 11:59 p.m. CT on May 9, 2019.
- Miles are available in increments of 1,000 up to a maximum of 102,000 miles.
- Bonuses will be calculated on a per transaction basis only. The bonus amount applicable to a transaction is shown in the chart. Transactions may not be aggregated to calculate the bonus.
- Bonus Miles will generally be credited to the recipient’s MileagePlus account when the transaction is complete; provided that certain transactions may take up to 48 hours.
- Bonus miles count towards the 175,000 mile annual limit per account.
- Purchase up to 175,000 miles per account per calendar year.
- Credit card will be billed immediately upon purchase.
- Mileage rates and other fees and offer terms are subject to change.
- Pricing is only available for purchases made through buymiles.mileageplus.com
- Miles are nonrefundable.
- Purchased miles do not count toward MileagePlus Premier® status.
- All MileagePlus Program Rules and terms and conditions apply.
- GST/HST is charged to Canadian residents.
- Powered by Points to purchase United MileagePlus miles. Transaction will appear as ‘Points United Miles’.
Up next, Marriott Bonvoy is offering a 25% discount, when you purchase at least 5,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points. This offer expires on May 15.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Marriott Bonvoy promo:
- Transactions must be completed between 9:00 AM ET April 15, 2019 and 11:59 PM ET May 15, 2019 to be eligible for the discount.
- Purchased points do not count towards Marriott Bonvoy Elite status.
- A member may purchase or receive as a gift from another member a combined maximum of 50,000 points per calendar year.
- Points may be purchased in increments of 1,000.
- Excluding promo periods, purchase rate is 12.50 (USD) per 1,000 points.
- Please allow 24-48 hours for transaction to be completed and points awarded to recipient.
- You must be a member in good standing to both purchase and receive points.
- A new member may purchase points thirty (30) days after enrollment if their Marriott Bonvoy account reflects qualifying activity as described in the Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules. After ninety (90) days from enrollment, a new member is eligible to purchase points regardless of their account activity.
- Once points have been purchased or gifted, no refunds will be permitted.
- Purchasing points using a Marriott BonvoyTTM or The Ritz-CarltonTM credit card will result in earning one point per dollar spent on these transactions.
- All Marriott Bonvoy Program Rules apply and can be found at https://www.marriott.com/loyalty/terms/default.mi
Up next, Southwest Airlines is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points you purchase. This offer expires on May 16.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Southwest Airlines bonus:
Offer is valid between April 9, 2019, 12:00:01 a.m. CST and May 16, 2019, 11:59:59 p.m. CST. Rapid Rewards® Members will get up to 50% bonus when they buy or gift Rapid Rewards® points in a single transaction. 5,000 points to 9,000 points purchase threshold must be met on a per transaction basis in order to qualify for a 30% bonus. 10,000 points to 14,000 points purchase threshold must be met on a per transaction basis in order to qualify for a 40% bonus. 15,000 or more points purchase threshold must be met on a per transaction basis in order to qualify for a 50% bonus. Points must be purchased in blocks of 1,000 and a daily maximum of 60,000 points can be purchased by a Member with no annual maximum. Transactions are non-refundable and non-reversible. Purchased/gifted/transferred points do not count towards A-List, A-List Preferred, or Companion Pass qualification. Prices are in U.S. dollars and include all applicable taxes. Please allow 72 hours for points to post to the applicable Rapid Rewards account. Prices for the purchase of points are only valid while a Member is currently logged into Southwest.com® and such prices are subject to change. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms. Southwest® reserves the right to amend, suspend, or change the Rapid Rewards program and/or Rapid Rewards program rules at any time without notice. Rapid Rewards Members do not acquire property rights in accrued points. The number of Rapid Rewards points needed for a particular Southwest flight is set by Southwest and will vary depending on destination, time, day of travel, demand, fare type, point redemption rate, and other factors, and are subject to change at any time until the booking is confirmed.
The email address provided here is only used for confirmation of your Points purchase and will not alter the email address currently stored in your Rapid Rewards profile.
Prices are in U.S. Dollars and include all applicable taxes. Prices for the purchase or gifting of points are only valid while a Member is currently logged into southwest.com and such prices are subject to change. Purchased points are nonrefundable and nonreversible. All Rapid Rewards rules and regulations apply and can be found at Southwest.com/rrterms.
Up next, Alaska Airlines is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Miles you purchase. This offer expires on May 19.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the Alaska Airlines promo:
- Transactions must be completed between 6:00 AM PST April 17, 2019 and 11:59 PM PST May 19, 2019 to be eligible for bonus miles.
- Miles are purchased from Points.com Inc. A 7.5% Federal Excise Tax*, and GST/HST for Canadian residents will be applied.
- Miles are non-refundable and do not count toward MVP and MVP/Gold status.
- You may purchase and gift Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles in increments of 1,000 miles to a maximum of 60,000 miles per transaction.
- Your Mileage Plan account may be credited up to a maximum total of 150,000 miles acquired through Points.com in a calendar year, whether purchased by you or gifted to you.
- MVP, MVP Gold and MVP Gold 75K Mileage Plan member accounts have no annual limit on the number of miles which may be purchased or gifted through Points.com.
- Offer is subject to change and all terms and conditions of the Mileage Plan Program apply.
- Points.com Inc. is collecting Federal Excise Tax on behalf of Alaska Airlines Inc.
- Alaska Airlines Inc. has the obligation to collect Federal Excise Tax and remit the tax to the appropriate government agency.
Lastly, British Airways is offering a 50% bonus, no matter how many British Airways Avios purchases. This offer expires on May 21.
Here are the complete terms & conditions of the British Airways promo:
- This offer is only open to Members of the British Airways Executive Club (Eligible Participants).
- The offer is available from 00:01 (BST) Thursday 2 May 2019 to 23:59 (BST) Tuesday 21 May 2019 only (the ‘Offer Period’).
- During the Offer Period, Eligible Participants will receive 50% extra Avios (bonus Avios) when they purchase or gift Avios at ba.com.
- Avios can only be purchased at ba.com using the Purchase Avios Application Form found on offer page.
- Eligible Participants may Gift Avios (purchase for someone else) during the promotional period, provided that the recipient holds a British Airways Executive Club account with at least one Avios point in their account.
- The Bonus Avios will not count towards your promotional limit of 200,000 Avios.
- This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other Purchase Avios offer.
- Purchased Avios can be refunded within 14 days of purchase providing the Avios have not been used. Contact the British Airways Executive Club via BA.com or by telephone to cancel. Payments will be reimbursed no later than 14 days after the date of which the Executive Club was informed about the decision to cancel.
- The Executive Club Terms and Conditions and Conditions of Use apply to this offer and can be found at ba.com.
- British Airways reserves the right to cancel or amend the terms of this offer.
If you want to see all current buy miles & points offers, check out this page for all of the current offers. Here are the other offers that expire in May:
- Hilton Hotels: Buy Hilton Honors Points with a 100% Bonus! (Offer expires May 28, 2019)
- American Airlines: Buy American Airlines AAdvantage Miles with up to a 40% Discount! (Offer expires May 31, 2019)
- Etihad: Buy Etihad Guest Miles with up to a 20% Bonus! (Offer expires May 31, 2019)
- Spirit Airlines: Buy Spirit Airlines Free Spirit Miles with up to a 60% Bonus! (Offer expires May 31, 2019)
If you have any questions about any of these promos, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!