Good afternoon everyone. Yesterday afternoon, I received 2 promotional emails from US Bank to receive FlexPoints and Club Carlson points for setting up an automatic payment and paying with a specific US Bank credit cards. The promotional emails came from US Bank (1800USBanks@email.usbank.com) with the subject line “Act now and earn 1,500 FlexPoints” and “Act now and earn 2,500 bonus points.” Here is what the emails look like. If you have other US Bank credit cards, you may have received a similar offer. Please share your offers in the comments.
Here are the complete terms and conditions for this promo (text is for my US Bank FlexPerks Select+ American Express Credit Card but is almost identical to the text for my US Bank Club Carlson Visa Signature Credit Card):
- Promotion period for requesting a monthly recurring bill payment is from October 17, 2017 through November 30, 2017 and the date by which your first monthly transaction must post to your account is December 31, 2017.
- To receive 1,500 FlexPoints, you must use your U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card to set up one monthly recurring bill payment by November 30, 2017.
- The first monthly transaction must post to your U.S. Bank FlexPerks® Select+ American Express® Card account by December 31, 2017.
- The 1,500 FlexPoints will be applied to your account within 10-12 weeks after the end of the promotion period.
- This offer is not transferable. Your account must remain open, have available credit, and be current (no minimum payment past due) to qualify.
- This offer may not apply if your credit card has changed to a different type of card within the last 12 weeks or changes before the 1,500 FlexPoints is applied.
- This offer is accurate as of September 30, 2017. If you have any questions, call Cardmember Service at 866-311-5550.
US Bank also provided a link to this page that shows how to pay your bills online. You can pay most bills except credit card bills. If you have several US Bank credit cards that are targeted for this promotion, you should be able to make partial payments to trigger this bonus. For example, my Comcast Xfinity internet bill is $39.99 every month, but I have my Chase Ink Plus Business Credit Card setup for automatic payments. I plan on making 2 $5 charges on both of my US Bank credit cards toward my Comcast Xfinity internet bill to trigger this promotion. I’m not sure if it will work, but I will take a chance and hope it does.
If you have any questions about this promotion, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!