Good afternoon everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. Much like the corporate world with midyear reviews, I thought it would be fun / embarrassing to do a midyear review of My Wild and Crazy 2022 Airline, Hotel & Credit Card Predictions. I copied the list from the previous post and will see how many predictions I got correct and how many were dead wrong. But remember, there is still 6 months left in the year for the remaining predictions to come true…
My 2022 Airline Predictions (1 / 7)
- Alaska Airlines or Southwest Airlines will bring back their “convert travel funds to airline miles” feature. – I still cannot believe this feature exists but Alaska and Southwest are not using it.
- American Airlines will return as a Citi ThankYou Points airline transfer partner. – I still cannot believe that Citi can’t get American Airlines to come back to the ThankYou Points portal.
- Avianca will give Turkish Airlines a run for their money for domestic Star Alliance awards.
- British Airways will let you use Avios to pay the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharge portion of award tickets.
- Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, or United Airlines will introduce a “Miles and Cash” payment option for award tickets (pay 10,000 miles or pay 8,000 miles + $40).
- JetBlue will partner with another US airline for award bookings. – Yes, you can book JetBlue flights using American Airlines miles.
- United Airlines will be a transfer partner with Brex, Citi, or American Express.