Good afternoon everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending this month. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are several buy miles/points promos that are ending this month. First up, JetBlue is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of JetBlue TrueBlue points you purchase. This offer expires today – February 4.
Good morning everyone. As part of my “Keep, Cancel or Convert?” series, I like to evaluate and reevaluate credit cards to make sure they still deserve a spot in my wallet (or at least my credit card drawer). A few weeks ago, the $99 annual fee posted to my Barclays JetBlue Plus Credit Card. I don’t fly JetBlue very often, but I do enjoy getting a 10% rebate on my redeemed miles and getting 5,000 bonus anniversary points every year. Those 2 benefits alone are probably worth close to $99, depending on how much you value JetBlue points and how many JetBlue points you redeem. So the question is, is this card a keeper? I was leaning toward keeping the credit card, but I decided to call Barclays and ask if there were any retention offers available anyway. Good thing I called…
Good evening everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few new offers. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are buy miles/points promos for American Airlines, United Airlines, and JetBlue that are ending in the next 7 days. First up, American Airlines is running a promotion where you can get up to 50,000 bonus miles, depending on the number of American Airlines AAdvantage Miles you purchase. This offer ends on January 31.
Good afternoon everyone. In mid January 2018, I wrote My Unlikely, But Entertaining 2018 Travel Predictions. I did not look at that post until yesterday, so it was fun to look at the predictions I had made. I will go through my 2018 predictions and see how well I did. Since my memory is not that great, please correct me if I am wrong on any of these. In a few days, I will share my probably equally as unlikely but equally as entertaining 2019 travel predictions, so check back for that post. Without further ado, here were my 2018 predictions and the results:
- After the Virgin America merger, Alaska Airlines will add new routes to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean (Correct! According to Alaska Airlines’ website, they did add several new routes of Mexico City from SFO, LAX, and SAN. Unfortunately, there were no new routes to Canada or the Caribbean.)
- Delta Airlines will introduce cash and miles award tickets, then American Airlines and United Airlines will follow suit (Wrong! Looks like none of the big 3 airlines added “cash + miles” award tickets.)
- Southwest Airlines will increase their Transfarency by automatically keeping track of travel funds in each account (Wrong! You still need to manually track your travel funds.)
- JetBlue will add new routes along the West Coast and maybe to Hawaii (Wrong! JetBlue did add new routes along the East Coast, but nothing new on the West Coast.)
- Singapore Airlines will allow you to book United Airlines awards online (Correct! Singapore Airlines added the ability to book award flights on United Airlines in February.)
- British Airways will bring back the 4,500 Avios award price in the United States (Wrong! Sadly, the 4,500 British Airways Avios pricing band is still not available in the US.)
Good evening everyone. Since Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner, several airlines are running buy miles/points promos now – 2 even end tonight! I have all the latest offers on my Buy Miles & Points Page. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are the 7 promos that are ending in November. First up, United Airlines is running a mystery offer with up to 70% bonus miles, depending on the number of United Airlines miles you purchase. This offer ends tonight – November 20.