Good morning everyone, I hope your week is going well. As part of My 5 New Year’s Travel Resolutions for 2020, I said that I would “Use American Express Airline Fee Credits (Without Buying Airline GCs / eGCs).” So far in 2020, I am following through on my resolution. Last month, I used my JetBlue True Blue Points to book flights for Laura and I to fly from SFO to BOS. It is a 5.5 hour red eye flight, so I looked at how much the Even More Space seats cost and found out the seats I wanted were $99 each. Instead of purchasing those seats with cash in 2019, I decided to use the $200 airline fee credit that comes with my American Express Business Platinum Charge Card to cover the charges. I selected JetBlue as my airline for 2020 and paid for the 2 seats with my AMEX Business Platinum. The pending charge looked like a single $198 JetBlue purchase…
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you all had a great New Years! With the beginning of the new year, I wanted to make a few travel resolutions for the coming year. Here are my 5 New Year’s travel resolutions for 2020. Feel free to share your own travel resolutions in the comments section.
1. Travel Somewhere Every Month
For the last several years, this has been my only travel resolution. It could be a short weekend trip, a road trip, a cross country trip, or a long international trip. I love to travel and take advantage of the 52 weekends every year (it helps that I work in San Francisco and can easily get to SFO or OAK in less than an hour). I’ve got the first 3 months of the year covered:
- January: Laura and I will do a short road trip down to Carmel / Monterey for a long weekend and use our Hyatt Free Night Certificates.
- February: I will fly down to Orange County for Super Bowl Weekend with my family and then we will make a second trip to Orange County for my cousin’s wedding.
- March: Laura and I are flying to Ireland for her Spring Break (she is an assistant principal). Check out my post How to Book Aer Lingus Award Tickets with British Airways Avios (Call BA to Save $100+ on Taxes & Fees).
There are a few other trips planned the rest of the year, so my first travel resolution should be accomplished. Here are the 4 other travel resolutions I have in mind for 2020:
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 6 offers that end in November. Up first, Southwest Airlines is offering a 35% discount, when you purchase at least 5,000 Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points. This offer expires tomorrow – November 19.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 4 offers that end this week. Up first, Alaska Airlines is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan Miles you purchase. This offer expires today – September 14.
There is also an Alaska Airlines 2-for-1 promo going on today with the San Francisco Giants.
Updated 11:20am PT on 7/22: I added the latest Alaska Airlines buy miles promo to the end of this post.
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found 10 offers ending in the next 2 months. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here is a quick summary of the 10 buy miles/points promos ending in July and August:
- Radisson Hotels – Buy Radisson Rewards Points with up to a 50% Bonus! (Offer expires July 28, 2019)
- Avianca Airlines – Buy Avianca Airlines LifeMiles with a 145% Bonus! (Offer expires July 31, 2019)
- JetBlue – Buy JetBlue TrueBlue Points with up to a 40% Discount! (Offer expires July 31, 2019)
- American Airlines – Buy American Airlines AAdvantage Miles with a 10% Discount + up to 100,000 Bonus Miles! (Offer expires August 2, 2019)
- Spirit Airlines – Buy Spirit Airlines Free Spirit Miles with up to a 40% Bonus! (Offer expires August 9, 2019)
- Air France / KLM – Buy Air France / KLM Flying Blue Miles with a 50% Bonus! (Offer expires August 11, 2019)
- Southwest Airlines – Buy Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Points with up to a 40% Discount! (Offer expires August 14, 2019)
- Choice Hotels – Buy Choice Hotels Rewards Points with a 25% Discount! (Offer expires August 22, 2019)
- IHG Hotels – Buy IHG Rewards Club Points with a 100% Bonus! (Offer expires August 23, 2019)
- Alaska Airlines – Buy Alaska Airlines with up to a 50% Bonus! (Offer expires August 30, 2019)
First up, Radisson Rewards is offering up to a 50% bonus, depending on the number of Radisson Rewards Points you purchase. This offer expires on July 28.