Good afternoon everyone, I hope your week is going well. Every year, I like to check out my stats from Google Analytics to see which blog posts were the most popular. I created 2 lists by looking at all blog posts written in 2020 and then I looked at which posts were read the most in 2020, but written in a previous year (#stayingpower). I will list the blog posts from top to bottom based on pageviews, share the original published date, and provide a short summary of each blog post. If you are curious, here were the most popular posts from 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
2020’s Most Read Posts (Written in 2020)
- Overpaid Chase Credit Card? Receive Credit Balance Refund via ACH Bank Transfer Instead of Check (7/8/20) – If you have a credit balance on a Chase credit card, you can contact Chase and ask for them to send you back the money. You can receive your funds back via an ACH bank transfer which is much faster than waiting for a check in the mail. I have done this a few times over the last few months and I wish all other banks had a similar process.
- Bank of America Changes: Cryptocurrency is Cash Advance, Simplified Foreign Transactions & No Payment Return Envelope (4/8/20) – Don’t buy cryptocurrency with Bank of America credit cards or you will be hit with a cash advance fee. BofA also made changes to how foreign transactions are processed and removed the payment return envelope from paper statements.
- Changes to Wells Fargo Everyday Checking $10 Monthly Fee Waiver Requirements (Effective October 8, 2020) (8/21/20) – Wells Fargo changed the requirements for waiving the $10 monthly service fee on Everyday Checking accounts – 10 debit card transactions no longer work, but the minimum daily balance requirement dropped from $1,500 to $500.
- How to Cancel BJ’s Wholesale Club Easy Renewal (Cancel Membership) (3/2/20) – You cannot cancel a BJ’s Wholesale Club membership online, you must call BJ’s customer service department and have them cancel your membership. #shady #notcustomerfriendly
- American Express Hilton Aspire Resort Credit Applied Toward Restaurant Purchase in 3 Days (6/5/20) – In the summer of 2020, you could use your AMEX Hilton Aspire $250 resort credit to pay for restaurant purchases and get reimbursed. It was a great improvement for cardholders.
- If I Could Only Keep 5 Credit Cards with Annual Fees… (1/25/20) – I shared a list of all my credit cards that have annual fees and selected my top 5 favorite credit cards that have annual fees to keep. I also shared a few “Super Combos” where you can pair no annual fee cards with annual fee cards to generate better rewards.
- Costco Gift Cards Trigger Discover It Credit Card Q2 5% Cash Back Bonus Categories (4/6/20) – This was an easy way to max out the Discover It Q2 bonus category at Costco. I will probably do the same thing in 2021 when wholesale clubs (Costco) are a bonus category.
- Trim Saved Me Another $15 on my Comcast Xfinity Cable Bill (2/24/20) – I’ve used Trim for a few years and I have saved well over $100 on my Comcast Xfinity cable bill. This is a great “set it and forget it” service that will save you money on recurring bills.
- Changes to $250 Resort Credit & Point Transfers for American Express Hilton Aspire Credit Card (Effective May 1, 2020) (3/4/20) – American Express made changes to the way the AMEX Hilton Aspire resort credit would work and said that the credit would be reversed if the resort credit charge was refunded.
- Wells Fargo Discontinues Instant Issue Debit Cards Effective November 30 (11/22/20) – This was a recent change made by Wells Fargo that will negatively impact customers who use a Wells Fargo Debit Card as their primary payment method.
2020’s Most Read Posts (Written before 2020)
- How to Add a PIN to a Visa or MasterCard Gift Card (7/23/13) – This is one of my oldest posts, but is consistently a popular post year after year. Follow these steps to add a PIN to Visa and MasterCard GCs.
- Send Money to Friends (or Other Bank Accounts) Instantly with Zelle (Formerly Chase QuickPay / clearXchange) (7/11/17) – With Zelle, you can easily move funds between accounts. Zelle has been around for a few years but has not taken off as quickly as I expected.
- Walmart.com Orders Instantly Cancelled? Try Walmart’s Online Chat (7/26/17) – This post gets a ton of pageviews around the holiday shopping season. If Walmart instantly cancels your order, you can fix this issue by using Walmart’s online chat.
- Print USPS and UPS Shipping Labels from your PayPal Account (8/10/13) – This is another oldie but continues to get a lot of pageviews every year. You can easily print USPS and UPS shipping labels from your PayPal account.
- How to Cancel 1 Passenger on a Multi-Passenger Southwest Airlines Reservation (12/16/17) – Making changes to a multi-passenger Southwest Airlines reservation is very difficult, but you can split up the reservation and make changes to a single passenger. I always book each passenger on their own SWA record locator to avoid this problem.
- Chime Card Prepaid Reloadable Debit Card – Instant Cash Back Card (7/8/14) – Learn about Chime and order a Chime Debit Card. Chime has been around for a while and is slowly growing bigger and bigger every year.
- How to Convert an Existing Discover Credit Card into a Different Discover Credit Card Online (2/28/19) – If you have a Discover It Miles Credit Card, you can convert that into a Discover It Credit Card (or vice versa).
- How to Remove / Unlink Citi Credit Card from Online Account (1/16/18) – When you close a Citi credit card, your closed account will still show up online. Follow these steps to remove the closed account from your online Citi account.
- CryptoTab Extension: Earn Bitcoin (BTC) for Free Using Google Chrome (2/23/18) – If you want to earn Bitcoin, you can use this Google Chrome browser extension, but please read the comments to see potential drawbacks.
- Home Depot and Whole Foods AMEX Offer Gift Card Update (Pics of Gift Card Rack) (5/19/15) – If you want to see which gift card are sold at Home Depot and Whole Foods, check out the photos of the gift card racks.
There you have it, the top 10 posts written in 2020 and the top 10 posts in 2020 that were written before 2020. Which of these posts is your favorite? Let me know in the comments section below. I hope you read most of these posts, but if not, feel free to binge read these posts. Have a great New Years everyone!