Good afternoon, from rainy Northern California. Every year, I like to check out my stats from Google Analytics to see which blog posts were the most popular. I created 2 lists by looking at all blog posts written in 2022 and then I looked at which posts were read the most in 2022, but written in previous years (#stayingpower). I will list the blog posts from top to bottom based on pageviews, share the original published date, and provide my thoughts or a short summary of each blog post. If you are curious, here were the most popular posts from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, and 2021.
2022’s Most Read Posts (Written in 2022)
- Choose a New Design for your Discover It Credit Card – 159 Colorful Options Available (2/2/2022) – If you are tired of the standard Discover It Credit Card design, pick a new card design from 150+ options. This also helps if you have multiple Discover It cards so you can easily tell them apart.
- The Era of Visa-Free Living in Mexico is Over (1/28/2022) – Tonei wrote this post and they covered the Visa changes that came to Mexico early last year.
- American Express Platinum Card Now Includes Hertz President’s Circle Elite Status in Car Rental Benefit (11/3/2022) – I believe I was the first to write about this change, but I haven’t experienced any noticeable difference compared to my previous (lower tier) Hertz Five Star Elite Status vs. Hertz President’s Circle Elite Status.
- 2 Hawaii Timeshare Vacation Package Deals: Hilton Grand Vacations Honolulu (Oahu) or Waikoloa (Big Island) & Westin Vacation Club Kaanapali (Maui) (4/26/2022) – I love timeshare vacation packages since you can often times get a great mini vacation by sitting through a 2 hour timeshare sales presentation. Say thank you for the great deal on the timeshare vacation package, but say no to the timeshare purchase.
- Citi Costco Anywhere Credit Card Extended Warranty Benefit Ending on January 22, 2023 (11/4/2022) – I believe I was the first to write about this change and I know many cardmembers will be dissapointed when this change goes live in a few weeks.
- Barclays Sent Me a Letter About Missed $95 Annual Fee on my Barclays Wyndham Rewards Earner Business Credit Card (5/15/2022) – Barclays and Wyndham have had some issues lately with bonus categories and annual fees posting correctly, but I think those issues are all resolved (or at least I hope so).
- Did Caesars Rewards Says No $100 Dining Credit for You? Check with the Participating Restaurants (4/27/2022) – After status matching my Wyndham Rewards Diamond Status to Caesars Rewards Diamond Status for several years, I was finally able to take advantage of the $100 dining credit, but Caesar’s didn’t make it easy for me.
- Receive 12 Free Gogo WiFi Passes with US Bank Altitude Reserve Credit Card (Activate by March 31, 2022) (2/3/2022) – I haven’t seen any other offers to get free Gogo WiFi passes in several months, so I will be sad when my 10+ passes expire in early February.
- $700 Trade-In Value for my Old iPhone XS Toward New iPhone 13 Pro (Current Promos with AT&T and Verizon) (5/19/2022) – This was a great deal at the time, but I think Costco has an even better now days, so check out Costco if you are interested in trading in / upgrading to a new AT&T or Verizon phone.
- PSA: Southwest Airlines EarlyBird Check-In is **NOT THE SAME** as Upgraded Boarding to Trigger Priority Credit Card Benefit (12/14/2022) – Don’t make the same mistake as me, EarlyBird Check-In is not the same as Upgraded Boarding. Learn from my mistake!
2022’s Most Read Posts (Written before 2022)
- Wells Fargo Discontinues Instant Issue Debit Cards Effective November 30 (11/22/2020) – This was my top post in 2022 with 20K+ pageviews last year. Apparently, a lot of people missed the instant issue debit cards that used to be possible.
- How-To Guide: Activate a Gift Card and Create a PIN (7/23/2013) – This is one of my oldest posts from 2013 and received 13K+ pageviews this year. I guess people still want to learn about activating gift cards and adding PINs.
- How to Use Home Depot Store Credit for Online Purchases (8/30/2021) – If you are stuck with Home Depot store credit and want to use it for a HomeDepot.com online purchase, read this post to learn how it can be done.
- How to Remove / Unlink Citi Credit Card from Online Account (1/16/2018) – If you recently closed a Citi credit card, you will need to manually remove / unlink the card from your online account.
- Walmart.com Orders Instantly Cancelled? Try Walmart’s Online Chat (7/26/2017) – This post is always very popular around Thanksgiving and Christmas time and picked up 7K+ pageviews this year. 5+ years later, Walmart.com is still instantly cancelling orders, you would think they would have fixed this issue by now.
- Wells Fargo May Close Accounts with Zero Balance or Charge Monthly Service Fee (Effective August 9) (8/20/2021) – Another Wells Fargo post made the top 10 list. It seems like every time Wells Fargo makes a change, customers are negatively affected.
- Warning: Do Not Use Zelle or Venmo to Pay People on eBay, Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist (2/16/2018) – This is a good reminder that scammers love Zelle and Venmo since it is hard for you to get your money back. I always hear about people getting scammed on the news when they pay with Zelle, so just be careful.
- Access Priority Pass Lounges without your Card (Priority Pass App + Apple Wallet) (10/24/2015) – I always keep my Priority Pass cards in my backpack when I travel, but if you happen to forget your card, you can sing into your online account and save your Priority Pass card to your mobile wallet.
- Create Login.gov Account to Log into Global Entry / TSA PreCheck Dashboard (10/10/2017) – I’m a big fan of TSA PreCheck and Global Entry, but not a huge fan of the renewal process and long waits to get an appointment.
- Cash Payments Will No Longer Be Accepted for Credit Cards at Citi Branches (Effective July 21) (6/7/2018) – In a shocking move for a bank, Citi stopped accepting cash payments in a branch to pay Citi credit cards. What are they thinking?
There you have it folks, here are the top 10 most popular posts written in 2022 and the most popular posts written before 2022. Were any of these posts your favorite from 2022? Have a great day everyone!