Good morning everyone, happy New Year’s Eve! Every year, I like to check out my stats from Google Analytics to see which blog posts were the most popular. I created 2 lists by looking at all blog posts written in 2021 and then I looked at which posts were read the most in 2021, but written in previous years (#stayingpower). I will list the blog posts from top to bottom based on pageviews, share the original published date, and provide a short summary of each blog post. If you are curious, here were the most popular posts from 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020.
2021’s Most Read Posts (Written in 2021)
- Wells Fargo Discontinues Temporary Debit Cards & ATM Access Code Feature (Effective April 1) (2/12/2021) – This post has received over 300K pageviews since going live in February and makes up 25% of my total pageviews for the year. I had no idea that this post would be so popular, but it shows how many Wells Fargo customers were effected by the loss of temporary debit cards and ATM access codes.
- Venmo Announces New Fees for Receiving Payments of Goods and Services & Instant Transfer Withdrawals (6/23/2021) – This post *only* has 14K pageviews but it shows how many people have been affected by Venmo’s new “payments of goods and services” fee (which I ran into recently).
- I Converted my Chase Sapphire Reserve to Freedom Flex – Here’s Why & What Happened Next (4/12/2021) – This post shows why I downgraded from the $550 Chase Sapphire Reserve to the no annual fee Chase Freedom Flex. I then was able to apply for the Chase Sapphire Preferred 100K sign up bonus :)
- How to Use Home Depot Store Credit for Online Purchases (8/30/2021) – If you are stuck with Home Depot store credit and want to use it for a HomeDepot.com online purchase, read this post to learn how it can be done.
- Get 1 Year UPS My Choice Premium Membership for $10 (Code UPSMyChoice10) (Targeted?) (10/5/2021) – I’m a big fan of UPS My Choice Premium and love the ability to reroute and reschedule UPS deliveries. I’m glad a lot of readers were able to sign up at the discounted price.
- Victim of Recent T-Mobile Data Breach? Freeze your 3 Credit Reports Right Away (8/25/2021) – I don’t have T-Mobile, but I always keep my 3 credit reports frozen year round since it is free to keep them frozen and easy to temporarily unfreeze when I apply for new credit cards.
- Hilton & Wyndham Vacation Package Offers: 3 Nights + 15K Points for $149-$199 (4/27/2021) – I’m a big fan of timeshare vacation packages since it is easy for me to attend the presentation without buying a timeshare. You can get a great deal on a vacation, you just need to sacrifice 2 hours of your vacation.
- How I Messed up the $20 Dining Credit on my AMEX Hilton Aspire (7/14/2021) – I learned that I needed to spend a minimum $20 on dining to trigger the $20 dining credit. Lesson learned!
- My Experience Booking Vacasa Vacation Rentals with Wyndham Rewards Points (4/14/2021) – I am a big fan of Vacasa Vacation Rentals and have upcoming stays in Mendocino and Maui :)
- Wells Fargo May Close Accounts with Zero Balance or Charge Monthly Service Fee (Effective August 9) (8/20/2021) – Another Wells Fargo post made the top 10 list. It seems like every time Wells Fargo makes a change, customers are negatively affected.
2021’s Most Read Posts (Written before 2021)
- How-To Guide: Activate a Gift Card and Create a PIN (7/23/2013) – This is one of my oldest posts and received 50K pageviews this year. I guess people still want to learn about activating gift cards and adding PINs.
- Walmart.com Orders Instantly Cancelled? Try Walmart’s Online Chat (7/26/2017) – This post is always very popular around Thanksgiving and Christmas time and picked up 36K pageviews this year. 4+ years later, Walmart.com is still instantly cancelling orders, you would think they would have fixed this issue by now.
- Wells Fargo Discontinues Instant Issue Debit Cards Effective November 30 (11/22/2020) – Another Wells Fargo post in the top 10. This post had 17K pageviews this year.
- How to Cancel 1 Passenger on a Multi-Passenger Southwest Airlines Reservation (12/16/2017) – Southwest Airlines has an interesting reservation system, so read this post on how to cancel 1 passenger on a multi-passenger reservation. I always book each passenger on their own reservation to avoid this issue.
- Overpaid Chase Credit Card? Receive Credit Balance Refund via ACH Bank Transfer Instead of Check (7/8/2020) – I really like how Chase processes credit balance refunds and wish other banks would have a similar system.
- How to Remove / Unlink Citi Credit Card from Online Account (1/16/2018) – If you recently closed a Citi credit card, you will need to manually remove / unlink the card from your online account.
- Warning: Do Not Use Zelle or Venmo to Pay People on eBay, Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist (2/16/2018) – This is a good reminder that scammers love Zelle and Venmo since it is hard for you to get your money back.
- How to Add a Companion to an Existing Southwest Airlines Reservation (12/19/2017) – Adding a companion to an existing Southwest Airlines reservation is easy, just follow these steps.
- How to Easily Convert a Discover Credit Card Online (2/28/2019) – If you have a Discover It Mile Credit Card and want to convert it to a Discover It Credit Card, follow these steps.
- Print USPS and UPS Shipping Labels from your PayPal Account (8/10/2013) – This is another oldie than has stuck around for 8+ years. If you have a PayPal account, you can easily print USPS and UPS shipping labels.
There you have it folks, here are the top 10 most popular posts written in 2021 and the most popular posts written before 2021. Are there any posts that you really enjoyed reading? I hope you all have a great New Years Eve and a wonderful 2022!
Very cool that some of your posts from many years ago are still some of the most popular. Your “how to” posts are some of the best in the travel blog business.
I’m always surprised to see how popular some of my older posts are, they seem so basic and boring to me, but probably help a lot of people :)
Pingback: Have you Read my Most Popular Posts of 2022?