Good afternoon everyone, I hope your week is going well. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few offers ending soon. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here 5 buy miles/points promos that end this week. First up, Alaska Airlines is offering a 40% bonus, when you purchase at least 20,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan miles. This offer expires tomorrow – February 22.
Good afternoon from rainy Northern California! Almost 2 years ago, British Airways ran a promo where you could earn 150 BA Avios per dollar spent at Match.com. Several of the blogs covered the promo, so I decided I would buy a membership for $548.57 and earn 82,285 BA Avios (0.67 CPP). Long story short, I never earned any BA Avios and after complaining to British Airways & Match.com for several months, I got a full refund of my membership (read My Love / Hate Relationship with British Airways & Match.com). During the few months that I was a Match.com member, I decided that I would actually use the dating service and see what would happen (I had nothing to lose). Fast forward a few weeks and Laura sent me a message. Fast forward a year and a half and I proposed to her in San Francisco (Bay Bridge in the background). And she said YES!
The proposal and photo took place a few weeks ago, but I figured I would let TWG readers know. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below. Have a great day everyone!
Good afternoon everyone. In mid January 2018, I wrote My Unlikely, But Entertaining 2018 Travel Predictions. I did not look at that post until yesterday, so it was fun to look at the predictions I had made. I will go through my 2018 predictions and see how well I did. Since my memory is not that great, please correct me if I am wrong on any of these. In a few days, I will share my probably equally as unlikely but equally as entertaining 2019 travel predictions, so check back for that post. Without further ado, here were my 2018 predictions and the results:
- After the Virgin America merger, Alaska Airlines will add new routes to Mexico, Canada, and the Caribbean (Correct! According to Alaska Airlines’ website, they did add several new routes of Mexico City from SFO, LAX, and SAN. Unfortunately, there were no new routes to Canada or the Caribbean.)
- Delta Airlines will introduce cash and miles award tickets, then American Airlines and United Airlines will follow suit (Wrong! Looks like none of the big 3 airlines added “cash + miles” award tickets.)
- Southwest Airlines will increase their Transfarency by automatically keeping track of travel funds in each account (Wrong! You still need to manually track your travel funds.)
- JetBlue will add new routes along the West Coast and maybe to Hawaii (Wrong! JetBlue did add new routes along the East Coast, but nothing new on the West Coast.)
- Singapore Airlines will allow you to book United Airlines awards online (Correct! Singapore Airlines added the ability to book award flights on United Airlines in February.)
- British Airways will bring back the 4,500 Avios award price in the United States (Wrong! Sadly, the 4,500 British Airways Avios pricing band is still not available in the US.)
Good afternoon everyone. I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found a few new offers. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are the 8 promos that are ending in December. First up, Avianca Airlines is running a 125% bonus, depending on the number of Avianca LifeMiles you purchase. Offer ends on December 12.
Good evening everyone. Since Black Friday and Cyber Monday are right around the corner, several airlines are running buy miles/points promos now – 2 even end tonight! I have all the latest offers on my Buy Miles & Points Page. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are the 7 promos that are ending in November. First up, United Airlines is running a mystery offer with up to 70% bonus miles, depending on the number of United Airlines miles you purchase. This offer ends tonight – November 20.