Good morning everyone, happy Wednesday! A few days ago, I held a giveaway for 10 $10 Amazon eGift Cards to celebrate Travel with Grant’s 4 year blogiversary. I wanted to give a big thank you to everyone who read that post and left a comment. Reading the comments brought a big smile to my face… then slowly disappeared as I started dreading the thought of picking just 10 winners. Even though Travel with Grant is 4 years old and I have written close to 1,000 posts during that time, I was happy to see that some of my other writers (Shelli, Tonei, Whitney and Bill) wrote posts that you thought were really good. In their honor, I picked 4 comments that related to their posts and I picked 6 comments that related to my posts.
Here are the winning comments (in no particular order) for my posts:
- Jim F. said: I benefited IMMENSELY from your March 27 post: How to Redeem your World of Hyatt Free Anniversary Night Certificate. This post prompted me to apply my free anniversary night to extend a vacation run my bride (of 35 years!) and I are taking to Singapore in Qatar’s A-350 business class (thanks to their “two fly for the price of one” promotion). Thanks, Grant!
- mami2jcn said: Happy Blogiversary! I liked this post: A Cheap Day in Bogota, Colombia (Monserrat, Funicular, Roasted Corn & Uber Rides). My mother is from Colombia but I haven’t been there for a visit in over 20 years. I enjoyed the pictures in that post.
- Leslie said: My favorite blog post was about Google Flights and profiting on timeshare presentations! I didn’t even know this was an option! I need a cheaper flight to make everything work for a first time trip to Hawaii and as a newbie to miles and points! Thanks so much for your blog!
- Nick said: I consider myself to be pretty shrewd, but I find that I can always learn a new trick from Grant. So was the case when Southwest had a sale. “Simply cancel the old reservation and rebook under the lower fare.” I like how you pointed this out in your blog. Thanks for the great tip Grant! Also I love the app-o-ramas. Very enjoyable reading and I may learn something. Also I love that Grant stresses the importance of being a responsible MS’er. Leave some for the next guy (or gal)!
- Seth said: I liked all of the excitement around when you made it to the big leagues and got on prior2boarding and then BoardingArea!
- Joe said: I like reading about your interactions with various customer services (e.g. over twitter and otherwise)–really good to know which companies offer good service, and which don’t.