Buenos dias everyone. I thought you might be interested in which credit cards I carry and which ones live in my sock drawer – I know I’d be interested in learning about what my fellow authors use! I’ll start it off, and hopefully Grant, Shelli, Bill, and Whitney will chime in when they get a chance. This will be a multi-part series – I’ll start with what’s in the wallet I carry every day, and later I’ll tell you about what’s I keep in my passport holder, what I keep in my backpack for special occasions, and the cards I use exclusively online or not at all.
Good morning everyone, I hope your weekend is going well. After much
procrastinating deliberating, I have selected the winners for my Cash Back Monitor giveaway in which I asked my readers: what feature is missing from Cash Back Monitor that would make the service better for you and other users? I carefully reviewed your answers and selected my 6 favorite comments (I couldn’t pick just 5 winners). The winners are… La La Land!
- Brian said: It would be great if the exclusions (if any) were listed on CashBackMonitor, instead of having to go to each site individually.
- Nancy said: Using a symbol/indicator to denote if a portal is currently offering a bonus for hitting a certain level of spend, i.e. United offering 500 bonus miles for spending $100.
- rxgeek said: CBM saves me money all the time. Great site! Suggestion: Have a pop-up alert when the merchant is in CBM like Ebates, Piggy and others do.
- Pinky said: Love CashBackMonitor! Please add how long it takes to confirm/track on the site. For example, I often will choose eBates over TopCashBack at a slightly lower rate because TopCashBack takes forever to confirm/track and then pay out. Please also add if gift cards are excluded.
- Marc said: Might be hard to do, but how long the rate will last. I know there are a lot of short term rate boosts (i.e. until Valentines Day, Presidents Day, etc.)
- esdot said: An ability to receive email or text notifications when a retailer has a [or a certain, user selected] portal offering increased rates or more than [x, user inputted]% rates.
Thank you to everyone who participated in the giveaway and congratulations to the winners. I will email Yansong (creator of Cash Back Monitor) and share my 6 favorite suggestions to improve the service. Hopefully some of your suggestions will be available on his site in the near future!
Good evening everyone, I hope you are all having a great holiday season. Tomorrow afternoon, I will fly from LGB (Long Beach) to JFK (New York City) to spend New Year’s in New York City. But before I start packing all my warmest winter clothes, I braved the low 60 degree weather in SoCal to visit my local Lowe’s. I had the below Lowe’s AMEX Offer ($10 off $50) added to 4 of my AMEX cards and I still needed to do some gift card shopping. If you have this AMEX Offer linked to your cards and have not met the spending requirement, you only have a few days left since the offer ends on December 31, 2016. As long as the charge is authorized on/by 12/31, you will receive the statement credit.
I ended up buying a $200 Amazon Gift Card and doing a split tender at the register to charge $50 to all 4 AMEX cards.
Good afternoon everyone. We only have 11 days left in 2016, so what better time than now to calculate how our Q4 spending is going on the Discover It and Chase Freedom. I wrote a similar post last quarter: Final Month Review: Calculate Progress Toward Chase Freedom Q3 Restaurant Spend. Let’s start with the Discover It and finish with the Chase Freedom. Log into your Discover It online account and click Search Transactions under Activity & Payments.
Good morning everyone, greetings from rainy San Francisco. Yesterday, I received a postcard in the mail for a new service called Amazon Restaurants. I almost threw the postcard away, but then I looked more closely at it and saw that it said $10 off your first order using promo code DINELOCAL10. I decided to check it out and place a dummy booking to see what the ordering process was like. To see if your home or work zipcode is in an Amazon Restaurant city, click here and type in your zipcode. Apparently this service is only available to Amazon Prime members, so if you are not a Amazon Prime member, you can sign up for a 30 day free trial.