Good afternoon everyone, I hope you had a great weekend and your Cyber Monday is going well too. Since everything seems to be on sale today (including travel), I checked all my existing airline and hotel reservations and found a few price drops with Southwest Airlines, IHG Hotels, and Marriott Hotels. I’m sure other travel providers have discounts too, so check your existing travel reservations. First up, a Southwest Airlines flight dropped 5,173 points per passenger for my wife and I to travel after Christmas.
Good afternoon everyone, happy Friday! I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found 5 offers that end in the next week. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 5 offers that end soon.
Up first, Air Canada is offering up to an 85% bonus, depending on the number of Air Canada Aeroplan Miles you purchase. This offer expires on October 9.
Good afternoon everyone. A few months ago, Marriott introduced an improvement to their Free Night Certificates where you could combine a Free Night Certificate with up to 15,000 Marriott Bonvoy Points to book a hotel room that cost more points that your Free Night Certificate is worth. To learn more about the process, read Marriott’s Free Night Award Top Off page. I finally had a chance to use this feature yesterday for an upcoming stay in Seattle. In this post, I will show you the booking process.
Sign into your Marriott Bonvoy account and go to the Activity tab to see your Free Night Certificates listed under the Earned Awards section. I had a 35K Free Night Certificate available from my Chase Marriott Bonvoy Boundless Credit Card that expires later this year. I clicked on the How To Use Your Certificate link to get started.
Good afternoon everyone, happy Friday! I was working on my Buy Miles & Points Page and found 4 offers that end in the next week. Always check the math to make sure that buying miles & points makes sense for you. Do not buy miles & points speculatively unless you have a use in mind. With that said, here are 4 offers that end soon. Up first, IHG Hotels is offering up to a 100% bonus, depending on the number of IHG One Rewards Points you purchase. This offer expires today – July 15.
Good afternoon everyone, I hope you had a great weekend. Much like the corporate world with midyear reviews, I thought it would be fun / embarrassing to do a midyear review of My Wild and Crazy 2022 Airline, Hotel & Credit Card Predictions. I copied the list from the previous post and will see how many predictions I got correct and how many were dead wrong. But remember, there is still 6 months left in the year for the remaining predictions to come true…
My 2022 Airline Predictions (1 / 7)
- Alaska Airlines or Southwest Airlines will bring back their “convert travel funds to airline miles” feature. – I still cannot believe this feature exists but Alaska and Southwest are not using it.
- American Airlines will return as a Citi ThankYou Points airline transfer partner. – I still cannot believe that Citi can’t get American Airlines to come back to the ThankYou Points portal.
- Avianca will give Turkish Airlines a run for their money for domestic Star Alliance awards.
- British Airways will let you use Avios to pay the taxes, fees, and fuel surcharge portion of award tickets.
- Delta Airlines, Southwest Airlines, or United Airlines will introduce a “Miles and Cash” payment option for award tickets (pay 10,000 miles or pay 8,000 miles + $40).
- JetBlue will partner with another US airline for award bookings. – Yes, you can book JetBlue flights using American Airlines miles.
- United Airlines will be a transfer partner with Brex, Citi, or American Express.